• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

kmac baby news! *updated Wednesday 15.51*

reallyoldmum

Reaction score
From valentine (kmac's friend), text received Wednesday 14 January 2009, 15.51.

We are now proud parents of Kian Thomas born today by c-section weighing 9lb 6oz. Exhausted.

Well I havent heard from them since late yesterday afternoon - I think her phone is turned off which I hope is a good sign :pray: will update as soon as I get any news. Come on baby Kmac time to let us all know you are here :hug:

Text received from Kmac saying "just been told that at half six regardless of whether gel has worked or not I am going on to the inducing drip. Then either that will work or it will be a section but hopefully either way baby will be here soon" - bless her lets hope this waiting is almost over for her and her DH :hug: :hug:

Texted Kmac just before I went to bed - woke up to a reply saying that they were sending her home again as the pains werent dilating her...... she is to go back tomorrow to be induced again. I cant believe it, she is having such a horrid time :hug: :hug:

Just had a text from Kirstie - she has got home and her waters have just broken :dance: looks like baby Kmac will put in an appearance tonight afterall :dance: :dance:

Poor Kmac - just had a text - they have checked her and after some discussion they are sending her home to rest for 24 hours before they try the induction again!!! She did think they were going to do a section but the consultant scanned the baby and all was OK and so they are going to give it another go.... My heart goes out to her she is exhausted and fed up poor thing :hug:

Just had a text from Kmac - she hasnt slept much through the night - the pains are less painful but more regular which sounds like good news to me as it sounds like they are more likely to be true contractions rather than pessary pains :D She will be examined in a little while and I will update.

Lets :pray: this is it for them - I so hope they dont send her home.

Update at 22.56 - Kmac's husband has been sent home although she has had a bath and the contractions are coming regularly now - they have told her to try and get some sleep!!! :shock: Looks as if its really happening for them. :cheer:

Just had another text - the 3rd lot of gel has started pains that are nice and regular - now its just a waiting game.... Come on baby Kmac its time you left your Mummy's tummy!!

Had a text from Kirstie to say that she has had 2 lots of gel but not a sausage yet - will have the third lot this evening but if nothing happens then they will send her home for 24 hours and then decide what to do :-( bless her so is very fed up..... :hug:

Had a text from Kirstie to say that she has had her first lot of gel, they had to wait while they monitored the baby and then they have been let out until 8.00 am tomorrow morning when she will go in for her 2nd lot if she needs it :D

Good luck sweetheart - lets hope you end up in lots of pain through the night :D :D :D (hmmmm feel really strange saying that to someone :D )

Jane

Thanks for updating Jane!! :hug:

In the morning they will try and break my waters, if they can't then I get more gel.
In any case that will be me in there until baby is born.

I know I should be going to bed now but I don't think I'll be able to sleep.
I heard some women screaming in the labour ward - it frightened me!!

theoretically it could start through the night, but i got the impression they didn't think that was likely!

So night night everyone and I will be texting rom tomorrow!!
:hug: :hug:

Some women are screamers, try not to let it spook you too much :hug: . I didn't make much sound at all apparently though I thought I would. I think I only swore once too though that's because I was mostly away with the gas and air fairies! In fact I remember grunting when pushing and my midwife telling me over and over to save the effort of making a noise for the push, kind of like holding your breath and pushing being better if you know what I mean?

Good luck for tomorrow- try to get as much sleep as you can although I know that's easier said than done!

Not long now!
+++

I've been thinking of you kmac - best of love and luck for tomorrow.

Valentine Xxx

Just to say there is no room at the inn :( so good job i rang before we set off.

I've to just go in at 10.30 although they can't guarantee there will be room then either....

Am getting really fed up now.

Anyway, having a bacon roll and going back to bed for a bit - had a rather restless night!!!

xx

aww hun good luck hopefully they will have room in the inn later, surely they should be making a point of gettign bubs out now your 2 weeks over due :D

I guess i'm not a priority compared to someone who is actually already in labour.
I understand that but i'm a bit fed up now - I just want it over with as the more time i have to think about it the more scared I am getting!
I told DH this morning i just want a C-section but he wasn't very impressed.

Rosebay - I am hoping to not be a screamer!! It was just faintly disturbing listening to them.
I am taking my i-pod and a little set of speakers so I hope I am allowed some background noise so I can't hear anyone else!!

Well, I am def off back to bed now. Might as well snooze while i can!

xx

Oh good luck hun for today i hope they have room later for you and that all goes fast for you, look forward to hearing the great news :hug: :hug:

Good luck for today hun............Cant wait to hear some good news!!

Its definitely your turn now, you have been waiting long enough :hug:

Good news.. of a sort
Got a call to say there is no way they will have room for me at the hossie at all this morning...
so I have to go to the hospital in Livingston instead. It's a bit of a drive, but tbh the maternity unit there has a much better reputation. It is smaller but not as busy, so I am actually quite happy to go there!!

We are setting off now!! :D :shock: :D

Good luck hun! I take it you were to be at ERI? Funny you should say that as I've heard of a couple of people phoning up when in labour and being told they had to go to livi! I've heard that its nice there tho!

best of luck :hug: :hug: :hug:

Great news sweetheart - not long now then :D

Hope after all your waiting your LO gives you a very easy time of it :hug:

Jane x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member