kids drinking shandy?

x-kirsty-x

Reaction score
Can kids drink shandy???

I've just been to my mams to pick Josh up and while I was there he said 'wheres my beer', I asked what he meant and he went into the kitchen and brought back a bottle of shandy. My mam and dad said it'd been watered down with more lemonade but I kicked off, its 0.5% and Josh is only 3!

Was I being unreasonable? :?

Me and my parents are hardly speaking now which I hate :( , but I cant put up with this...anything Josh wants, Josh gets.

He also drinks ginger ale down there alot of the time, why cant they just be normal and give him orange juice and stuff? I've told them time and time again the sort of rules and stuff I want them to stick to but it never happens.

Im sick of it to be honest.....rant over :evil:

I wouldn't be happy if it was Rebecca hun. :hug: Shandy you buy in the shops in the juice aisle has no age restrictions but I still wouldn't give it to a 3 year old. :think:

i wouldnt give it to a child not because of the alcohol content as the bottles in shops dont really have any alcohol in and anyone can buy them,,but i wouldnt give it purely cause its unhealthy...like i wouldnt give coke etc to a child..

oh give them anything! :roll: what doesn't kill em makes em stronger!

well its true! :lol: :lol: :lol: with my first child i was so obsessed with not giving her this and that incase it made her this and that. Now i just think sod it. They survive. :lol: :lol:

of course i wouldn't givethem some things like hard core alcohol etc. But shandy isn't going to kill a child once in a while.

i alwasy think back to my friend whos mother never gave her anything ''bad'' to eat or drink. When she finally became old enough she gorged herself on sweets and alcohol and anything she was denied as a child.

I've calmed down now, I feel a bit daft for worrying but my initial thought was oh my god josh is drinking alcohol!

I love your attitude budge lol :rotfl:

look at it thisway, my paents let us drink from the day we started drinking froma cup. I was told by one of my family members we were given whisky at night to help us sleep :shock:

anyway my parents drink non stop and in a way with them giving us drink froma very early age it has made me realise its not good for you and i chose not to drink except once in a blue moon and when i do drink its 3 glasses of lambrini and im pissed :lol: :lol:

I know alot of children that arnt given sweets etc and now if you were to offer them sweets they would say no and ask for fruit instead...i see that as a good thing..so no jakob wont have fizzy drinks and sweets
he will have healthy snacks...i do personally think that giving a child a load of e numbers is very bad for them long term....

my kids love it on a sunday night when they are allowed a glass of shandy each,its the pre bottled stuff at morrisons,i cant stand it myself,but the kids feel very grown up and chuffed as they are drinking beer as they call it :rotfl:

oh i agree cassi.
your responsible forwhat Jakob eats and drink. But E numbers aren't in everything :)

I dont have a problem with other people giving it to their children..i give my neice sweeties because my sister dosnt mind...but im just not all for it thats all :)

cassi said:
I know alot of children that arnt given sweets etc and now if you were to offer them sweets they would say no and ask for fruit instead...i see that as a good thing..so no jakob wont have fizzy drinks and sweets
he will have healthy snacks...i do personally think that giving a child a load of e numbers is very bad for them long term....

I totally agree with you cassie. why should i feed my little one alot of junk and e numbers when there is so much goodness in fruit ( and it tastes so much better anyways ). Now with regards to alcohol, I do not think that is great idea to give a kid shandy or whatever that is.. you will be putting the wrong idea in his head that alcohol is cool and stuff like that..im sorry im a prude, but im very very old fashioned when it come to stuff like this.

i don't want anyone to think i only give my kids crap. i don't they only have sweets every now and then. But im saying that theres no need to deny crap foods full stop thats all. :hug:

roxanne080 said:
cassi said:

I totally agree with you cassie. why should i feed my little one alot of junk and e numbers when there is so much goodness in fruit ( and it tastes so much better anyways ). Now with regards to alcohol, I do not think that is great idea to give a kid shandy or whatever that is.. you will be putting the wrong idea in his head that alcohol is cool and stuff like that..im sorry im a prude, but im very very old fashioned when it come to stuff like this.

the shandy i give my kids is 0.3 for the whole bottle probably more alcohol in certain sweets and trifles

budge said:
i don't want anyone to think i only give my kids crap. i don't they only have sweets every now and then. But im saying that theres no need to deny crap foods full stop thats all. :hug:

you're on my wavelength budge,now can youget on a trampoline or something and get that baby moving :rotfl: :hug:

I was brought up with knowing that alcohol is normal. I was allowed a snowball at new year when I was about 10 (bleurgh haha) and a small glass of wine at social occasions. My dad would buy me a cider or shandy when we wrent to the pub. Alcohol was not a big deal to me, and whilst there have been occasions where I have gone stupid (for many different reasons) I now hardly drink. I will be doing the same with my children.

Cassi I get called a meanie as I don't let Seren have chocolate (though a friend of OH's gave her a whole milky bar grr). I would prefer Seren to grow up getting used to eating fruit, and then when she is older she can have an occasional treat. I don't see the harm in the odd treat but it will only be a treat.

ive got a better idea! new thread coming up!

I dont think you only give them crap..:)

all im saying is that i will not give any to J...thats just my personal feeling .. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back