Keslo66 Birth Story

Riley's Mommy

Reaction score
my waters went at approx 11.30am on 28/6. i rang my mom at work to let her know, and informed adam and the midwife. i didnt start having contractions until about 3pm i think. and they were just very slight ones, harldy noticable. my contractions started kicking off at about 7pm. They appeared like period pains. which confused me, as i expected them to be different.

my mom got to me at 7.30, and by about 10pm they were getting alot stronger. my mom rang the on call m/w approx 10.30 to let her know i was having contractions.

she decided to come to the house to examine me. she did blood pressure, urine ect. then did the lovely internal.very uncomfy but had to be done.
cervix was still 1.5cm thick. so a long way to go.

she left. and they gradually got worse during the evening. my mom decided to stay the evening with me. and im glad she did.
tryed doing as m/w suggested, took some paracetomol and tryed to get some rest.

Hag=ha fat chance. got onto couch to sleep, was having contractions at 5mins appart. but they werent lasting a long time really (bout 30 secs i think.)

gave up and had a bath at 3am. didnt seem to help at all. so got out and went bk to living room.

by about 4.30am i was in alot of pain. and contractions were coming 2mins appart. I was starting to struggle with the pain. and my mom decided id had enough and rang my dad and woke adam up (who was trying to get some rest after a 5am work start )

we all had a coffee while waiting for my dad, but i hardly had time to drink it.

my mom rang the labour ward, who said they would ring the m/w. at which point i was getting pissed off, as we had to wait for the go ahead form them to go in.
m/w rang back after what seemed like an hour (but probs only about 10mins max) and she was suggesting she come out to see me again. luckily my mom said no and that i was in too much pain and needed some pain relief. so we set off to the hospital.

was met by a grumpy woman who asked if i needed to have a poo :| no hello or anything.

m/w got there and according to my mom was suprised to see me leaning against the wall in alot of pain. she instantly called my to the entinox. it was FANTASTIC stuff. i was high as a kite lol. was een laughing abit between the contractions.

m/w went out i assume to write some things down. when she came back, she gave me an internal. and i was Shocked to find out i was 7-8cm dialated :|

was quite happy at that point. that i had managed tog et to 7cm without any help. it was 6.30am by the maternity notes that i was 7cm dialated.

it says it was 7am that 100mg of pethedine was given. tell you now, that needle must have been HUGE! as i was contracting at the time, and it put me away from the contraction.

it didnt seem to work at the time, but i did notice that i was more groggy inbetween contractions.

the pain was unreal. i really considered an epidural. but i kept telling myself i had done well so far and that i didnt need one. looking back, i dont think they would have given me one at that point.

i started to feel the urge to push at 7.35. although i remember it being later than that.

the midwife finished and the next one took over. so i was waiting for an internal to see how much i was dialated. when she got to me, i was 10cm. so was nearly time to push and the urge was getting stronger and stronger.

at 8.15 i was finaly allowed to push. it was such a relief. it hurt so much, but i couldnt do anything other than push. i wasnt aware of any breaks in the contractions now. i only remember pushing. it didnt take long until i felt the baby coming much closer to the exit. i kept pushing. and when the baby's head was near the opening, the pain was unbelievable. at one point i didnt think i would be able to do it. but i told myself, that although it hurts more than anything, i have to do it. so i just pushed through the pain. as the baby's head was coming out, i could feel myself tearing. but i knew i had to keep going. with another push the babys head was out. it only then took another push for the baby to be delivered. the relief was so intense. i was very groggy at the time, not really taking in what was happening. just taking the time to calm down and breath and relax now the baby was here.

He arrived at about 8.40am weighing 6lbs 6oz.

adam cut the cord, which was delivered around the babys neck. but she said it was loose, and that the baby was fine. so i relaxed abit more then.

he didnt need any stimulation to breathe. he did really well.

i had the injection to expell the placenta. and i helped to push it out, as i didnt want them tugging at me (if thats how they get it out) and it was delivered shortly after the birth.

we spent some time with him while the m/w's were clearing up.

m/w wanted to examine my tears. and she was SO rough with me. i nearly hit her lol. it felt like she was ripping them more. she was i needed stitches. to which i started crying.

she gave me an injection to numb the area. but even that hurts when you have it in your lady bits :(

some of it i couldnt feel that much. but some i did. i could feel the needle going in and out. i was crying alot as it hurt so much, and after giving birth i was emotional anyway. i didnt want her touching me there. it hurt so much.

after that was done, i tried feeding him. and he seemed keen to take the breast. which i was happy about.

once things calmed down abit, i had my shower. which was quite nice and needed.

i bled so much after the birth, or it seemed like i did.

they moved my to the baby ward. and i just wanted to go home. but i stayed there for a few hours, just incase i needed help.

mom and adam went to get some food. and adam needed to do a few things, so they left me to rest. not that i did much of that. i was bored more than anything lol. and the food was atrocious lol.

my sister came up from where she was working within the hospital.

then my parents and adam got back with pressies :D adam got me some books a drink, and few other things. mom got me a me to you bear, as i collect them, i like to get one every year for my bday, and she got me a congratulations bear :D and some choccies.

adams mom and sister came with presents for the baby :) there was so much.

i then went home, must have been about 5pm by then.

i didnt want to stay in long, and there wasnt any problems so i didnt see the need to stay.

im very happy to be home. i am so so sore now. my bum really hurts :cry:

its so surreal to have him here. i didnt even know how to pick him up yesterday. but i am learning now. and we are getting to know each other.
he didnt sleep to well last night. was very restless. but i guess its to be expected.

ill get some pics on asap. :D

You did so well hun, I am sooooo proud of you! :hug:

I still think you're holding back what you really did to get your waters to break - I sit on my couch all the time and mine haven't gone :rotfl:

Wow thats an amazing account, you should think about taking up writing as a career, I felt like I was right there with you!

Congratulations on making it through, I'm sure you'll start to feel better soon.

:hug:

well done keslo! sounds like you did really well.

Congratulations... :hug: :dance: :clap:

any names yet?

Aww great birth story. Well done! Have you named him yet? Can't wait to see pics.

Hi

I am so happy for you hun glad things went well for you huge congrats to you both :hug: :hug:
Katrina

Fantastic birth story keslo, you really went through the mill. Tip for the W, you should of accidently (opps!) kicked her in the face for being horrible and poking at your tear so much!
At least hes here now and for some reason ithought you were having a girl!

Well done you, CONGRAULATIONS :cheer: on your little BOY :hug:

congrats hun, thanks for sharing your story. I cant wait for the pics. Any names yet? :hug: :hug:

many congratulations......... what a lovely birth story.........

look forward to seeing the pics

:dance: :dance: :dance:

Great post Keslo. I felt like I was there with you after reading your birth story. You did really well going so long on only gas and air. :clap:

I hope your tears are feeling better soon. It's great that you are home already with your little boy. Congratulations! :dance:

Thanks for the detailed account!! :shock:

Looking forward to seeing your pics!!

Congratulations!!!

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

xx

Congratulations!
What an amazing story!
Can't wait to see pics!
Lucyx

Wow honey, what a great account. So proud of you! Well done xxx Cant wait to see some pics :hug:

Proudly Introducing ............................

Riley

:cheer:

babyboyday1014.jpg

thats one of his first pics after the birth :) i do have other pics, but thats the one ive had time to put on photobucket lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back