Keeping fit during pregnancy

Hunnie

Reaction score
Was just wondering if any of you are trying to follow a keep fit routine during pregnancy and if so what exercise are you doing?

Ive tried to keep swimming but with sickness it wasn't to follow and then I just got a bit complacent until the other day I felt like a complete elephant and realised I had started snacking more frequently. Ive also tried to keep up with exercising my two horses (trust both with mine and babies lives completely) but its becoming hard work with the nasty weather :(!

I'm still at the gym every day. I just took it down a notch, keeping my HR lower and lift lighter weights with higher reps. Main thing is to drink plenty and take lots of rests, 2 mins every 10. You have to remind yourself as your HR and temp increases so does baby's and you don't want them overheating or HR getting to high. I see a trainer once a month just now to monitor what I'm doing so my exercises have changed as the months have gone by. Swimming makes me feel a bit sick too, even now, probably because I snack all day so always food in my stomach!

I don't really exercise much, so I thought it would be a bad idea to start when pregnant :S

ISH I havent ever really either but I seriously dread putting on too much baby weight as once its on I really struggle to get it off again.

I'm doing a Davina Mcall pre natal exercise dvd and a 10minute solutions pre natal pilates dvd. Well, i say i'm doing them but i haven't been doing them very often recently as i can't find the motivation!! Got both from Amazon and would definitely recommend them, especially the Davina one.

ISH I havent ever really either but I seriously dread putting on too much baby weight as once its on I really struggle to get it off again.
I probably dread fat more than childbirth! I am awful with diets.

But I try to stay away from naughty treats and excesses of any sort, that's always a better plan than exercise, teehee!

i've started pilates last week and have been to two classes. they are for pregnancy and really good, make me feel great when i come out but i must admit when it get to 5pm on a thursday i do just feel like going home, i'm trying really hard to continue to motivate myself to get there.

they also do pregnancy yoga on a monday and i've been meaning to start that but not got round to it yet...next monday i'll go :oooo: xx

ive been walking my dog for an hour daily and i started aquanatal on a tuesday now the schools are open again, apart from that nothing.. i used to jog and was thinking about taking it back up but walking tires me out so ill sleep my life away if i take jogging up again.

xx

I am still doing some of my karate kata but I've slowed it down so its more like tai chi, helps me stretch gently and helps with my balance which is rubbish at the best of times if I don't keep it up. Swimmings out of the question, I panic if my bath's too deep lol

I am still doing some of my karate kata but I've slowed it down so its more like tai chi, helps me stretch gently and helps with my balance which is rubbish at the best of times if I don't keep it up. Swimmings out of the question, I panic if my bath's too deep lol
I used to do Karate, and I mainly did Kata too, I absolutely loved it!! I think I should take it up again after baby comes.

If you didn't exercise before you shouldn't start as you could do more harm than good unless it's something like walking, yoga or swimming, it would be a shock to your body and the baby. Remember all your ligaments soften, BP goes up or down, HR has increased since getting pregnant and so you become much more at risk of injury esp when your body hasn't been used to any exercise. Stay active as possible in other ways like taking the stairs etc and dont over eat junk then worry about the weight after baby is born when you can hit the gym properly or go to mum and baby fitness classes.

If you didn't exercise before you shouldn't start as you could do more harm than good unless it's something like walking, yoga or swimming, it would be a shock to your body and the baby. Remember all your ligaments soften, BP goes up or down, HR has increased since getting pregnant and so you become much more at risk of injury esp when your body hasn't been used to any exercise. Stay active as possible in other ways like taking the stairs etc and dont over eat junk then worry about the weight after baby is born when you can hit the gym properly or go to mum and baby fitness classes.

When I say didnt exercise I didnt mean it as such. I've always ridden the horses regularly and done jobs round the yard but because its everyday I just forget to class it as "proper" excercise lol.

When I say didnt exercise I didnt mean it as such. I've always ridden the horses regularly and done jobs round the yard but because its everyday I just forget to class it as "proper" excercise lol.
Lol! Sounds like your doing plenty with the horses then, thought you were suddenly thinking of taking up running or something!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back