Just need an absolute

Nososure

Reaction score
My last period started on the 11th September.

I have a 35 day cycle and was supposed to have my next one on the 16th October.

I am now 5 weeks late, have had a few BFN HPTs. No symptoms I am aware of.. maybe overly emotional but that could be a number of things. My belly is solid but I tend to suffer bloating most of the time anyway. :/

I have been the doctors who did your standard pee-on-a-stick test, was negative and don't do blood tests until you're long overdue.

I was convinced my period was coming two days ago but all I got was a day's worth of light brown spotting and that was it. No cramping, no nothing. Now it's gone and I don't know what to think any more.

I am not a pregnancy hopeful so much as wanting an absolute answer. Am I or aren't I?
I know I won't get an absolute answer here, but maybe you could share some of our experiences that might help to enlighten me a little bit and possibly some advice on the next step I should be taking.

I'll be going back to the doctors soon if nothing else happens in the next couple of days and insist they do a proper examination.

Thanks for reading.

I didn't have a period for almost 3 months when I was a bit younger (there was no chance of me being preggers so I never went Dr's!) I ust put it down to a hectic and busy lifestyle.

Sorry that probably isn't what you want to hear :shock:

I understand your need for a resolution though and I think you should bug your GP for a blood test!

Last edited:
Sorry I didn't want to read and run but like Carnat said, get yourself to the GP for some piece of mind. Hope everything works out in the end xxx

Hello I didn't get my bfb until 7 weeks and tested every five days since missing my period so fingers crossed for u hun, when r u testing again? X

Last edited:
Still no period although it was threatening over the weekend :/

Almost 6 weeks late now. I'll be going the docs tomorrow and do some hassling because it's really starting to get on my nerves.

If I'm not pg, it's fine, no harm done. I'll just wait it out.
But if I am I'd like to know about it. At present it's 50/50.

When I got a negative poas at the docs, it wasn't a solid yes or a no. She explained a number of reasons, followed by 'buts' and didn't rule out pregnancy at all.
It's doing my nut in! :wall2:

Hi hun, im in same position. i came off pill in july, cycle 1 was 36 days, cycle 2 was 37 days so periods started up proerly straight away. i am now however on cycle 3 and cd 48...no sign of period, and hpt's i did up until a week or 2 ago wer all bfn.

I think iv heard 3% of women dont show in the early days of pregnancy on a hpt, so you may be in that situation im not sure

hope you get ur answer soon tho hun as i know how u feel its v frustrating xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back