Just me?

Caoimhe..x

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm 32wks pregnant, first time and its really close now till I meet my baby, we have all his stuff bought but I just still don't feel like I'm gonna have a baby in 8wks, I just can't envisage what it will be like lol!
Is it just me or do any of you first timers feel the same why?

Xx

I felt like this with ny first and even do now with my second. Its odd. Everything ready but it just doesn't seem real un till she is in my arms and my son meets her and she comes home! I felt like this with my son. Just didnt sink in until he was home and alll my responsibility lol

mummy to ds 11/7/11
pregnant *team pink* due 12/9/13

I felt like that too with my son and do again now with my daughter waiting for her to arrive. Doesn't seem real till they are in your arms x

I felt exactly the same even in labour I couldnt imsgine a baby being there st the end of it all, didnt feel real until I was holding him, youll be fine itll all feel very real when baby arrives

It's crazy me and my OH feel exactly the same he said were gonna be parents soon and that freaked me out a little lol! We tried for this baby and he's wanted so much but still can't imagine by Halloween ill have to tell the trick or treaters to be quiet as we will have a baby days/ weeks old scary x

Still doesn't feel real to me either, keep going into the room that will be baby's nursery and just looking at all the stuff knowing it is for baby but still seems like a dream! We have all of baby's bits in that room so sometimes I kind of forget about it so to speak and then go in there and am reminded of baby's imminent arrival!!

Sometimes it feels real but mostly it doesn't, like a strange dream!!! Aagghhh we're going to have babies! It's almost too amazing to take in I think. Before you know we'll be old hands and feeding and changing though!! xxx

That's another thing that panics me as I'm a nursery nurse everyone thinks I'm gonna be fine I've never looked after a baby that's minutes- hours days old!! At 3 months yeah but not tiny haha I'm scared of breakin him x

Still doesnt feel real to me either! Always been a see it to believe it kinda girl. And even though I know its gonna happen and have a big belly.. its still so hard to believe lol x

Sent from my GT-I9300

Yeah, it feels like a dream to me too! I keep looking at all the stuff thinking how weird it is to have it in my house :lol:

I'm on my fourth - you'd think I would be used to it - but oh no! Of course I know there will be a baby here soon but so hard to envisage him sleeping in his cot, pushing him in the pram, wearing the clothes that were hagning on the line.
My little six year old was helping me pack the changing bag for hospital yesterday, she said ' mummy I'm so excited now, baby's going to come soon', was so sweet but I think it wont feel real til he's safetly here in our arms!

I'm glad its just not me that feels like that, its definitely getting scary the closer my due date gets xx

I feel the same hun, going by what the consultant told me I'll be having my c-section at 38 weeks (due to complications with eldest DS) so only have around 7 weeks to go, but I'm feeling less like I'm having a baby now than I did at the very begining (although there are moments where it dawns on me + I :censored: myself lol) xx

My baby is my little miracle in life and I can't bring myself to believe I am going
To be a Mummy to him, I want to but I just can't tell myself it will really happen xxx

I'm the same! We've got everything ready (just about) but don't feel mentally ready at all! I guess it's impossible to prepare for...!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back