Just had my internal - not fantastic news :(

jenna

Reaction score
:wave:

I had my internal this morning to see what was going on with my ovaries. First of all my organs are ok (kidneys lungs).

He then did the internal and my insides (forget which bit) was tilted... he found both my ovaries which is good because he said 70% of the time they cant even locate them :shock: 1st ovary had holes in it he explained that it could be PCOS but without futher tests he couldnt diagnose it :cry: usually it takes 12 holes to be classed as PCOS and he counted them and showed me and i had 14 in one side and 12 in the other. Both looked grey with big black holes in, he showed me everything. He said my ovaries are a normal size though which is a good sign.

He predicted that i would be due a period this week so it looks like my cycles are back to 28days which is great news. Not really sure how to take the rest of it. I know people can concieve with PCOS but to see the holes in my ovaries was a huge shock. He said as i left that he thinks i can 100% concieve from what he has seen but it will take us a long time and we'll have to work extra hard :|

The internal scan wasnt half as embaresing as i thought it would be, the 2 people doing the scan were so nice and friendly. At least thats another test out of the way though.

:cry:

:hug: :hug:

As you say, at least you've got another test out of the way and it wasn't all bad news :dance:

He did say that you could conceive and that fact you'll have to work harder means you can BD more.... :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

And good that your cycles are getting back to normal again too

:hug:

First of all have this :hug:

Second - it may not feel like great news BUT you now have an answer as to why you haven't conceived yet and the Doctor said he is sure you can get pregnant unaided (well you might need DH's help ;) )
You are still really young which is a massive bonus - I know it doesn't make you feel any better, but (according to my old GP anyway) your body is at its most desperate to get pregnant so get shagging my lovely!!

It will happen - we all know it.
Plus - as awful as it sounds, more often than not, when people get 'bad' news, they chill out a bit whilst feeling sorry for themselves and viola - ine BFP.

Wishing you all the luck in the world hun :hug: :hug:

Don't worry about the tilted bit - loads of women have that - including me (ok I'm not the best example :rotfl: but it was tilted when I had DS too and I managed there)

and like everyone says - at least you know and can do something :hug:

:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Hi Jenna

I'm pleased the internal went ok. :hug: I think (but i'm no medic) by 'holes' your doctor means the small black dots that show up in your ovaries in a scan which can be fluid filled cysts which are a sign of PCOS (but you'd need a blood test to confirm it because you can have fluid filled cysts in your ovaries but not have PCOS)

I remember being told that i could conceive but it may just take me longer and be a little more difficult. :hug: :hug: :hug: I remember how disheartened i was even though the bottom line was i could conceive i just didn't want to have to wait :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

But look what happened to me out of no where when we weren't really BD'ing that much cos we weer disheartend byt the news and waiting to start clomid, i had a freak (and rare in my case) ovulation! And a little later a BFP so don't give up hope i am proof it can happen when you least expect it. So get BDing all the time just in case!

Did your doctor give you any idea about what they are going to do next (for example: blood test for PCOS, or monitor your bloods over your cycle to confirm you are ovulating etc etc)

I'm pleased that they didn't find anything more serious hun but i know the thought of having to wait any longer must be frustrating for you.

Here is a bunch of hugs for you :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I hope you are ok - how are you feeling about it all ok or not so ok?

LMP x

hi jen

i kno it can we worrying as a while bk they found pcos. Although they didnt show me the scan in a way im thankful, coz i think it makes it worse.

It does take a lil longer to concieve (12+ months for me)..but it will happen, maybe the docs have something that will help you out.

i pray that it does happen for us both hun :hug:

Jenna, have these first of all, you need them :hug: :hug: :hug:

But as said above you have some answers now and you can start to do something about it and now your doctor knows may be able to suggest some treatment :D

Thimgs can only get better :hug: :cheer:

jenna , the fact your cycles are getting regualar gives u so much hope , with pcos the prob with concieving is usualy the irregualr cycles it gives u / not ovulating every month . as u know , i concieved with pcos :cheer: keep going ! oh and i still think relaxing done it for me :wink:

I'm really pleased that he said you are pretty much 100% able to conceive even if it is likely to take awhile :cheer: I'm sure the holes were quite shocking to see but the good news is that it isn't impossible :hug:

Here's hoping you and your DH won't have long to wait now for your BFP :hug:

Thanks ladies, im feeling a lot better about it today.

I only have to wait 7-10 days till i can discuss it futher with my GP.

LMP- Im not sure what he said they were, i was in shock when he said it was my overy, it wasnt what i was expecting at all... I just remember him saying 'look at these holes' and he said it takes more than 12 to be classed as PCOS and i had 12+ in both. :doh:

Now i know theres something wrong though im not going to leave my GPs office until they do more tests or diagnose me with something. He was a bit confused as to why my hormone levels were fine because he expected them not to be...

:lol: we got BD'ing as soon as we got home :lol:

yer i got confused to ... as when i had a blood test done he told me i was ovulating and my lvls were normal, and then to find out that u have actually got PCOS it is a shock, so wot our bodies were up to i got no idea lol but id wish it ovulate every month. GOOD LUCK WITH BDIN HUN GET A LOT OF BANANAS IN FOR THE HIGH ENERgy sex lol

p.s soz bout the caps lil girl was coverin screen and i didnt see but cba to write it all agen :shakehead:

hey jenna,

years ago when i was diagnoses with pcos i went for an ultrasound, they said that i could have an internal but i was too chicken! (i was about 18) so well done to you!...i wish that i'd had it now! :roll:

also i have the 'black holes' on my overies, they show as black blobs on the ultrasound but they are fluid filled cysts.

hope this helps,

i have to go back in january...and ill prob have to have an internal :oops:

but at least you are closer to knowing and it is something that they have medication for stimulating ovulation and such.
I know its a little late...but Well done you :hug:

cheers paperface :hug: If you have to go for an internal then dont worry, i was terrified but i went in on my own and i was fine. I was expecting one person doing it aswell and it was 2 and i still felt strangely comfortable :lol:

Jenna,
I'm glad you have some answers and i wish you all the best on your road to getting yor BFP xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back