Internal Ultrasound

Joey2011

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

I'm having an internal and external ultrasound scan to look at my cysts and fibroid as I've been in extreme pain when on my period.

Anyway, it's my fertile week and I'm interested to know if you think the internal scan would disrupt conception/implantation?

Xx

When I went for the echovist scan (where they put the balloon with the dye in it to check everything inside and then check it with the internal ultrasound) they said ideally it should be done right after your period, if not you should use contraception until afterwards to ensure no chance of being pregnant when it was being done. Whether that was due to balloon/dye, or the ultrasound I don't know. It's worth phoning doctor to check probably?

Last edited:
I had internal and external Friday and I was due to ov they asked when last period was but said no issues having this scan when I asked it's not I very invasive scan/procedure anyway.

That's brilliant, thanks so much! It's not until tomorrow so I'll call my docs.

Xx

Hiya Joey, you should be fine.

When i have an internal ultrasound, they didn't actually enter my cervix, just my vagina.

As long as they don't do into your cervix it shouldn't have any impact on your chances of conceiving.

If it is before you ovulate, it might increase your chances, but if afterwards then it might reduce them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back