Just Had A Scan

bubble_dreamer

Reaction score
Just got back from the hospital im having a little girl :dance: :dance: :dance:
She weighs 3lb 5oz at the mo im carrying loads of water which is why im so big :lol:
I have to go back twice a week to be monitored and have to go back and see the consultant again next week.
The consultant wants to put me on anti depressants for the anti natal depression but it carries risks that the baby will be slower with her breathing after i have had her :? not sure what to do now :?

hi hun thats great..aw a lil girly again.. beth will be thinking she is her dolly... i had a lots of water too are you prepaired if u have baby early? i was told because i was so big with all the water i wuld have baby early and he came 5 weeks early...
hows lil beth doing??

yer im prepared for it i thought of you as soon as she said it! :lol: so relieved its a girl dan is gutted though coz he wanted a boy but i really didnt like the idea of calling it jake :lol: :lol: (them tweenies comin back to haunt me again :lol: )
beths doing really well walking everywhere now! friends of mine came down the weekend just gone and her youngest is nearly 5 months and put them both in the double buggy - i got to use it at last :dance: :lol:
but i was really worried how beth was gonna react to her but she was as good as gold and so gentle with her so hopefully i wont have to many problems when this one comes :pray:
hows Dior now with Harley? has she got used to him now?

Congratulations Bubble! Hope she doesn't come too early though!

Do you know how accurate they are with the estimated weight? When I was having my son, I had a scan at 35 weeks cause I was very small for my dates and they said he was going to be about 7 1/2 lbs but when he came - a week late, he was only 5lb 10.

Tan x

i dont know how accurate it is at all tbh! i never had a scan this far on with either of my other 2 so had no idea what they would weigh :lol: i dont even know if what this one is weighing now is normal for my dates???? :?

Harley weighed bout 4lbs at 32week scan!!

Dior was hard work at first but now she gives him her dummy when he crys and all she does is rub his head and say "ahhhhhhhhhh arley"

so cute, she walks every where too now i love it, looks lovely and she walks round the house all day holding my hand :lol:

Ah bubble-dreamer, a little girl.

I dont know whether I missed a previous message, how comes they gave you a scan now?

When I had my little girl measured a couple of weeks ago she was 2lb 6oz. They measured the abdominal, head, legs circumference and then put all those measurements in the computer and it gave the approx weight. Got my 30 weeks growth scan tomorrow

Bubble-dreamer Ive just brought up a message that has a link which you can click on to have a look at foetal weights

At my 32 week scan my baby already weights over 5lb 2oz but i have resisted the temptation to find out the sex as I already have a little girl and never found out her sex till she was born!

thanks eveadel il have a look at that in a mo.

they scanned me again after i saw the consultant last week i think they only agreed to do it for reassurance more than anything. if anything the best thing about it is i ma now finally under the right consultant after them getting it wrong so many times :wall: and i have to go back n see him next week, are you under a consultant at southend?

ramseyn5 i wasnt going to find out but temptation got the better of me :lol: it does mean i am completly prepared now as i still have all my daughters clothes, as clothes were the main problem i now have too many :lol:

Hiya bubble-dreamer

I did see a consultant a couple of weeks ago Dr Lim but I dont need to see him anymore. I see Dr Singh every week for my internal cervix scan which is handy as I get him to do an external scan at the same time. Im having my 30 weeks growth scan aswell today

Have you seen the lavender room at Southend?

oh thats good news :dance: make sure you let me know how you get on today.

My midwife has been trying to get me to see Mr Lee since pretty much the beginning but for some reason they kept makin me appointments with Dr Trepathi (sp?) and i wasnt getting anywhere to be honest as lovely as she was. It was Mr Lee i saw yesterday and he was brilliant and i am now finally under him so hopefully things should start looking up now.
Got to go back to the fetal assessment unit on tuesday so they can do a heart scan thingy on the baby and then back to see Mr Lee on thursday and then to the fetal assessment unit after :lol:

I havent seen the lavender room is it nice? tbh i have never even been offered a tour of the maternity unit at all :?

Yeah Mr Lee is nice, I saw him once. Me and DH went to see him about going down the route of fertility treatment. It was sods law though as 3 days previous to that I thought my period had arrived but it was abit of spotting. When I mentioned it to Mr Lee he said I think you maybe pregnant, my period was not due for 3 days. Well I was and here I am now!!!

I would maybe speak to them about looking round the maternity & labour ward. The Lavender Room is quite nice, it is like a hotel room rather than a clinical labour room. It has a birthing pool, rocking chair, four poster bed and smells of lavender. The only thing is you can only use this rooom if you are low risk and 37 weeks plus.

Keep me posted on how you get on.

oh u must have been thrilled when he said that! :D

thats me out for the lavender room then as im high risk :( i have a feeling it may have been the room next to where i had beth as there was a birthing pool etc in there

i would have loved to have had a water birth this time round but my chances of it are very slim :( i wanted a home birth with beth but they said because of where i live it wasnt possible and im still here so im not even going to bother asking this time round :lol:

would be nice to do it a bit differently this time as its definatly going to be my last one :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back