Just had a couple of sips of San Miguel!! Lush!!

Julia

Reaction score
Hi Girls,

Like most of you, I have not had a drink of lager for eight months! I am a keen lager/wine drinker and find it unwinds me at the end of a busy week. Me and DH also love going out and having a good beer/wine or 20! BUT, obviously, my unborn baby's health comes first and I would not dream of drinking whilst pregnant...

My DH is watching a "very important" football match and having a few San Miguels. So, I had a few swigs (or actually 1/4 of a dumpy bottle and LOVED IT!! How much did it tease me!! Even though it sounds selfish, I am really looking forward to having my body back in seven weeks and having more than just a swig of lager...think I deserve it after all this time!! Really feel like I need to unwind - pregnancy is very stressful!!!

Anyone else feel the same??

Julia xxxxxx

Have you tried the alcohol-free beers? They are surprisingly nice actually, and I remember reading a thread a short while ago which said they were good for you - so that gave me the go-ahead I needed! I have the odd one on a weekend. Unfortunately, I can't say the same for the alcohol-free wine i have had, which is just (as you'd imagine) grape juice!

I haven't touched a drop of alcohol whilst pregnant and can't wait to be able to have a glass of wine! 9 months is a long time to go without!

Thanks for your replies, gals!

Yes - non alcoholic Becks tastes like the real thing!! But, i now need the buzz and "unwinding" feeling of the real deal!!!

Obviously, i am not going to go mad - I will have two young children to look after! BUT it will be nice not to have to count every sip and feel guilty!!

Going to get my mum to look after children for an evening so me and DH can have some "us" time and go out for a few bevies and put the world to right!!

Julia xxxxx

Cobra do a very nice non alcoholic beer which is as closest as the real thing that I found and Asda have a good selection of non alcoholic wines but I only found them after I had dd so never got the chance to try them - failing that, Weightwatchers wine is lower in alcohol then normal wine so maybe a small glass of that could be guilt free ?

I said that and finally done it on my birthday when baby was 3mths.

I was to knackered b4 then lol.

Notlong now hunand you can paint the town red.

my mum made me lie about my pre pregnancy drinking on my notes! i put 20 units, but it was definately a lot more. but, i've completely stopped drinking as well. sometimes i think i'd enjoy a drink but i'm holding out, it will be sooo much better at the end!

its hard not to drink but its worth it in the end :D
there are some really nice non-alcoholic beers out there. as some other people have said, Becks is really good and actually tastes like beer.

I still feel terribly guilty because I had been drinking very heavily whilst pregnant in the first trimester. I didn't find out til I was 8 weeks and then stopped immediately but those first few weeks I didn't have a clue and was drinking and smoking. I really hope I haven't hurt my LO :(
There's no way to tell til he's born I guess...

i found out at nearly 6 weeks, i was drinking quite heavily too. one of my best friends had a birthday & we started the night sharing a bottle of malibu! i mentioned it to my doctor and he said not to worry about it, the worry probably causes more trouble than the drinking! :hug: :hug:

the only thing i drink is half a guinness every now and then. i did have low iron levels and was taking tablets but im sure guinness helped 2 :D

but i wont b drinkin 4 at least another 6 months bcoz of breast feeding :( lol

I've not had so much as a sip of alcohol since i got my BFP in March.

Like you, before i got pregnant i loved a few glasses of wine at the weekend and i keep seeing people on tv drinking huge glasses of red wine and i'm like ah my god that looks sooooooooooo good.

I've tried a few alcohol free lagers and the becks one is not too bad but its just not the same is it.

xxx

The becks alcohol free lager is the only one that tastes like the real thing - I pour 2 bottles into a pint glass to try and convince myself its real!!

I had 2 sip of a friends Magners at a BBQ last weekend, this was my fave pre-preg drink (classy bird I know!! :oops: ) & it was soooooooooooooooooooo nice - I was like an alchie!! Can't wait to have a full bottle (or 5) to myself!

excuse my gatecrashing from tri 2

where can you get this non-alcoholic beer? its OHs uncles birthday next saturday and i was considering buying some of this and that way i can feel included in the drinking without harming bubba

Sugarhigh said:
excuse my gatecrashing from tri 2

where can you get this non-alcoholic beer? its OHs uncles birthday next saturday and i was considering buying some of this and that way i can feel included in the drinking without harming bubba

i usually get my alcohol free becks from tescos i know our local sainsburys dont do it, but i'm sure other big supermarkets do it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back