• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Just booked my antenatal classes!

SmallPurpleCat

Reaction score
Just booked my antenatal classes for October - so excited!

I was also wondering, is anybody going to do NCT antenatal classes?

Thanks

I am considering doing the NCT classes as well, have registered an interested. The lady is away at the moment but a place is held for us, until the lady returns and we get all the info and decide whether we want to or not.

I know a few friends and family who have already done it, and they said it was well worth doing and would highly recommend it. So decided to get some more info so we can decide from there.

Hey hun...i wont be going to them this year. But i did go to them last year with my last pregnancy and they are brilliant...so they are well worth it and ul def enjoy them...very informative! xx

I've booked to do NCT classes, mine start end August.

I don't know anyone in Brighton who is pregnant or who has very small children, so I am hoping I will get on with at least 1 or 2 people that I can stay in contact with post birth

Hi All, When is the right time to book for these classes. My baby is due in november and I heard this is a one day workshop so which Month I should be booking it so that it helps me.

I have booked my nct classes, they are in October. I have heard they are meant to be good, especially to meet new people.

Def do them, esp local group ones, as you end up with so many good friends and you all keep in contact and meet up after baby is born, freinds for life X

I'm trying to find ones , like refresher ones or just breastfeeding ones, so I can learn and meet mums this time in my local area as all my mum freinds have long finished having kids, as I should have maybee!

Trouble is I don't need the refresher bit as always ended up with sections and then don't want to have sit there in silence to not ruin it for others, tricky one!

Might have to leave it, and get on the local baby group circuit straight after instead

Last edited:
I have booked my free ones n looked at the NTC ones but it works out quite expensive doesnt it so prob wont do them x

Yeah they are expensive, we are paying monthly for ours, £20 a month i think. Makes it that bit easier, especially with everything else we have to buy! lol! But also i didnt join the membership, so that saved us £40 off the price. The membership is for the year, you dont have to join it to do the classes.

I booked on an NCT course but the woman who runs it cancelled my place because she said it was too close the my due date and then booked me on another course at another location without asking me. I've called and left messages, emailed and explained that I can ONLY do the other courses otherwise me and the husband won't both be able to come but she's not got back to me at all.

Went to a hypnobirthing taster session and loved the lady who runs it so I booked that instead.

I notice bidsy that you've booked your 'free' ones and you're only 16 weeks. Was this offered to you at your last midwife appointment? Or do you have to research these and book yourself?

I've got a place reserved on the Antenatal course. There is also an Active Birth course - not sure what the difference is but it's almost half the price of the antenatal one.

Hi,
Sorry to intrude on this but i haven't had any info on antenatal courses and i am 30 weeks!! how did you find out about these? i have midwife app on Tues so will mention it then!!!

I havent had them mentioned to me either and I am getting a bit anxious now!

The midwife at my 20 week appointment just gave me a leaflet and told me to ring to book on.

Hey girls,

I am 25 weeks and have my midwife appointment this Thursday but no one has mentioned any "classes" of any kind to me! I dont even know the difference between ante-natel and NCT?! Can anyone help? Is this something I should be organising myself?!

I dont feel like my midwife is keeping me very well informed :eek:(

Dx

for the NHS classes you need to ring your local maternity unit where you have been going for scans, and they will advice you on when is best.

Or for the NCT ones, if you go on their website and find your local NCT group and you should be able to find the course to suit you for when you are due. I know my local one is doing October classes for babies due in December. But the NHS one isn't going to be held until November, which is only a few hours one Saturday morning. Hopefully here is a link;

http://www.nct.org.uk/in-your-area

Hope that is of some help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back