Just Booked Gender Scan!!

beth1234

Reaction score
WOOHOO :cheer:

Couldnt wait til 8th april for my 20 week scan, and theres a chance they wont tell you too, so i decided to book a private gender scan. £70 and you get four photos. soo im happy.

Its next monday the 22nd, ahh too excited! Wanted it for tomorrow but they wouldnt see me til 17 weeks!
Really hoping for team pink, but i had a mad dream last night that i had my own scanner :)?huh?) and i had a look myself and i could just see a big ball bag, excuse my french! soo, trying to convince myself its a boy, so that if its a girl.. il be nicely surprised!!

Anybody else got scans that week?

xx

yup got my 20 week NHS scan on thursday, Im gonna refuse to leave the room until they look between baby's legs!!!

This thursday? ooo exciting

HAHA, my sonographer was sort of finishing up and asking how many pictures i wanted when i was having my son. I was like ''Can you see what it is???'' and she sort of when ''YES, but how many pictures do you want!?'' really snotty!! I was like ermm ermm, me being only 17 at the time.. didnt know how to handle her snottyness!

Hope all goes well for you!
xx

Last edited:
I got my scan in 2weeks :D im well excited, i didnt want to wait but then i thought i might aswell save up to have a 4d scan nearer the end of the pregnancy. Good luck :) x

OMG that sonographer sounds horrible!! Im not gonna be putting up with any of that! I work in the hospital where im having the scan so Im hoping if the sonographer has an attitude problem they'll reign themselves in knowing that I know the complaints procedure. SO excited to be able to see how the little one has grown, our first scan was such a special bonding moment for me and OH. Is your private scan a 4d one? Where are you having it?

that is sooooo excitng! Cant wait to hear how it goes xxxxx

Ooh tiny what is the complaints procedure ?? They are quite miserable and snotty at my hosp too!!

every NHS hopstial has a complaints manager. You just write a letter and they have to investigate and respond within 2 weeks. You could just write a letter to the hospital addressed to 'the complaints manager' or look up "patient advisory liaison comittee" (PALS) they're independant but attached to each hospital and will give you independant support if you want to complain. I wish people would do it more often. Unless people complain we never get any more funding, and a lot of complaints boil down to staff being given stupidly unachievable targets. GO for it!

oooh aparently there is a "maternity advice liaison comittee" too, just put the name of your nhs trust and PALS into google. You can complain if you think you've waited too long in the waiting room too :)

Hahaha Beth, have been in exactly the same position as you today, just suddenly snapped and thought 'I really want to know NOW!' Got 3 1/2 weeks till 20 week scan, feels like forever, and then what if they can't see!

Unfortunately my OH has talked me out of it, telling me to be patient. Boo!

Good luck with yours!

Haha I'm just soo worried that I won't find out at the 20 week scan and I can't start to buy things unless I know what it is (I'm strange) and I knowww it only matters that it's healthy and happy,but you've gotta hae your pregnancy fun haha ;)

Tiny - I'm having it done at a private scan centre where I live. Luckily it's litrally round the corner from my college so i won't have to miss an entire day.

Ahh so excited!

I had a look at double prams today as my son Hayden only turns 2 in July,and I'm due august! He's a good little walker and I have took him to nursery and back (2 buses) without a pram,but it's hell if he's in a mood! But the double prams are bloody ugly!!! The things we go thru haha

x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back