Just back from L & D

moomoo192

Reaction score
rang L&D earlier tonight as i can hardly walk, been getting cramp type pains on/off in my groin for a while now but this afternoon i'd been sat down for half an hour then got up and the pian was worse, all in my groin, hips and pelvis etc, did some tidying up upstairs and hoovered the stairs and could hardly move, any time i put any weight on my right leg it felt like my pelvis was gonna split open.

Had a bath to see if it would ease the pain but it didn't,had 3 BH in about 25 mins but not strong. i could walk at about 1/2 mph :shock:

Tried ringing my on-call midwife but couldn't get an answer so rang L&D, they were really nice, she said from what i'd told her along with pressure in my bum and my piles flaring it up it sounded as though the head had dropped into the pelvis and that i might be going into labour so to come in and she'd check if i was going into labour or not.

well basically i'm not :roll: head is still 'free' they took BP, pulse, tested wee, trace on baby etc and they think its spd, they will refer me to be seen on monday for physio and also refer me for a growth scan on baby as one, its still measuring on the small side and all the symptoms etc we talked about tonight they think its best, also as i don't have 2 see my midwife for another 2 weeks thinks its safer for me to have a scan to check fluid levels and that the placenta etc is working ok still and take things from there rather than leave things.

They were really nice there and i feel pleased i've got a growth scan as i was getting a bit concerned myself anyway what with everything else gone on with this pregnancy, if anything it'll just help put my mind at ease.

Trace on baby was good in the end but she was a bit concerned as she wouldn't wake up and i had to drink a cup of cold water and lie on my left side and it helped so she was then happy.

She said any concerns over the weekend as to movements, loss etc go straight back in and see them again.

well thats it really, i'll update monday as to what happens.

get some sleep :sleep: hopefully u will start to feel better soon... glad everything was ok and it wasnt anything 2 serious :hug:

Glad its nothing too serious & it sounds like they are taking good care of you and taking precautions which will keep ur mind at rest and ensure everything is ok.

Sounds like u need to take it easy hun :hug: SPD is really painful u really do have my sympathy :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

make sure you try and rest as best you can over weekend

glad all was ok and they seem to be looking after you well :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thanks girls, its a lot easier this morning, can walk again :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back