Back from L&D

moomoo192

Reaction score
well i went to L&D this morning cause babys movements had slowed a lot in the last few days, they did a trace and baby was sleeping foR ages so they got me a cold drink and it seemed to wake baby up so all was ok.

She checked to see if my waters were leaking as it felt like i'd leake a little at times but there was nothing.

She asked if i'd had a sweep and i said no so asked if i could have one and she agreed :D so hopefully something will kick off but i'm not holding my breath. She said i was 1-2cm diaated which was normal for a forth baby and still had thining to do.

On my notes it says...

-1-2cm dilated
3cm long
membranes felt
-2 station

anybody know wot any of this means?? i know the dilation bit but not sure what the stations etc mean

Been feeling uncomfy down there since and heavy belly at bottom but just got a feeling nothing will come of it.

When i left they said if nothing happens we'll see you next week for your induction :shock: typical :roll:

not sure what it means sorry buthopefully things will get moving now after the sweep! :D

how do they check if ure waters are leaking because i feel like they have been leaking for a few days. do they look up there lol

littlepip said:
not sure what it means sorry buthopefully things will get moving now after the sweep! :D

how do they check if ure waters are leaking because i feel like they have been leaking for a few days. do they look up there lol

they look up there with a light and the metal thing they use for smears to open you up a bit and use a speculum (bit like a cotton bud on a long stick) to take a sample, if they're leaking it turns black.

not sure but glad you got your sweep!!
and glad everything is ok with baby
at least it got you out for the day :rotfl: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111