just ate some out of date chocolate, should i be worrried?

LucyB.

Reaction score
So I was just eating some munchies, glanced at the wrapper and it said it went out of date in august 2011 !! It tasted fine bbut should I be worried about it harming my baby?xxxx

chocolate usually has a best before date not an out of date date if you get me, which generally means the product is at its best before that date so you should be fine hun :) xx

Don't worry I accidentally ate some mouldy bread on Monday and I'm fine lol!! Eurgh!!

Don't worry I accidentally ate some mouldy bread on Monday and I'm fine lol!! Eurgh!!

Eugh i nearly did that last week, really fancied a philly sarni, buttered the bread, spread the philly on really really thick proper looking forward to it, then noticed just as i was cutting it that the crust had green dots on...gutted just didnt cover it haha!! xx

No absolutely nothing to worry about! As deedee says, its just a best before date chocolate has which is only a guideline of when it should be at its best. Its still fine to eat ages after that date! If you have any more I would eat them too so they dont go to waste,lol! Enjoy!

Best before date is just a guideline so i'm sure you will be fine hun, alls that will happen if they're not is you will throw it back up xxx

Eugh i nearly did that last week, really fancied a philly sarni, buttered the bread, spread the philly on really really thick proper looking forward to it, then noticed just as i was cutting it that the crust had green dots on...gutted just didnt cover it haha!! xx

Lol!! At least you noticed! I ate two whole rounds and then my husband came through with what was left and asked me what had happened to it, was it cocoa powder on it!!! Lol
Needless to say I felt very sick when i realised but I'm fine!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back