just ate some out of date chocolate, should i be worrried?

Discussion in 'Second Trimester' started by LucyB., Feb 8, 2012.

1. LucyB.

LucyB. Well-Known Member

So I was just eating some munchies, glanced at the wrapper and it said it went out of date in august 2011 !! It tasted fine bbut should I be worried about it harming my baby?xxxx

2. deedee84

deedee84 Well-Known Member

chocolate usually has a best before date not an out of date date if you get me, which generally means the product is at its best before that date so you should be fine hun :) xx

3. Tanya4beauty

Tanya4beauty Well-Known Member

Don't worry I accidentally ate some mouldy bread on Monday and I'm fine lol!! Eurgh!!

4. deedee84

deedee84 Well-Known Member

Eugh i nearly did that last week, really fancied a philly sarni, buttered the bread, spread the philly on really really thick proper looking forward to it, then noticed just as i was cutting it that the crust had green dots on...gutted just didnt cover it haha!! xx

5. Happyred

Happyred Well-Known Member

No absolutely nothing to worry about! As deedee says, its just a best before date chocolate has which is only a guideline of when it should be at its best. Its still fine to eat ages after that date! If you have any more I would eat them too so they dont go to waste,lol! Enjoy!

6. charlene09

charlene09 Well-Known Member

Best before date is just a guideline so i'm sure you will be fine hun, alls that will happen if they're not is you will throw it back up xxx

7. Tanya4beauty

Tanya4beauty Well-Known Member

Lol!! At least you noticed! I ate two whole rounds and then my husband came through with what was left and asked me what had happened to it, was it cocoa powder on it!!! Lol
    Needless to say I felt very sick when i realised but I'm fine!!