chance of salmonella...so scared!

flopsybunny

Reaction score
Last night I cooked a chicken for OH and I. When I took it out the oven, it was crispy skin, looked white all through and the juices seemed to run clear and when I cut it, steam came out of the middle of the meat. But when I sat and started eating it (I ate about half) it didn't seem fully cooked, the texture seemed too firm. I out it back for 5 mins and it was fine after. When I just phoned the midwife she told me there is a chance it could make me ill and I won't be able to tell until 24 hours after eating ( I ate it at 9pm last night)! I am so scared that something will happen to the baby!

Xx

im sure all will be fine hun. try not to worry. i worry everytime i cook chicken whether pregnant or not but always fine. xxx

Hi Flopsy
Just caught this thread and thought I would reply quickly.
I panicked a few weeks back as I had slightly runny eggs but on checking the internet I think Salmonella will just make you feel really ill/sick - everything I read said there is no risk to the baby you just don't want to be feeling sick etc?
Hope that helps :)
http://www.babyandpregnancy.co.uk/ToxoplasmosisListeriaSalmonella.html

try not to worry, most of these things are actually a warning that you might get food poisoning rather than hurting the baby, the chances are the worst that will happen is you will feel pretty ill.

Thanks girls. I hope I am just being silly. But the thought that I may have done something that could potentially harm baby is terrible!

Xx

I think we all feel like that - well I certainly do.

I squished between two parked cars at about 15 weeks pregnant and was sure I had harmed the baby.

I didn't have a hot bath until 16 weeks when MW said it was OK as I thought I'd warm the baby too much (she laughed at me and just told me to be careful not to have it too hot incase I felt faint when I got out).

Then I had mozarella while out for a meal and my Sis in Law asked if I was allowed to eat it. I panicked - thankfully when I got home and checked the book I was OK.

Then the runny eggs.

It will be a relief when the baby arrives and I'm not paranoid anymore!!!!!

What a worrier you are hun, :hugs: Everything will be ok...i can't cook so i am sure i have probably had something not fully cooked lol xxx

I've always eaten runny eggs to be honest and I'm nearly 30 weeks.

As for the chicken, if it wasn't cooked properly I think if it was going to make anyone ill that it would just be you and not bubba. Same with eggs.

It's things like cheeses that I don't mess around with as the whole listeria things worries me a little.

I think you'll be fine but reckon baby will deffo b ok. If u do get sick, just remember to drink loads and loads xx

ive always eaten runny eggs to ha

as for the chicken if you were going to be ill id say u would feel ruff now, when ever i have had summat dodgy to eat it only take 6 hours+ for me to start feeling grim,

i think it comes more from if you eat a runny egg an its past its due date or if chicken hasn't been prepared proper............then they warn you off them.

they put guide lines on things or tell us not to eat them just to make sure,say for instance if you order your food to be cooked in a cafe you wouldnt no the quality of there eggs or if they were in date so they say only eat hard eggs thus cutting down the risk, or if you order chicken from some were an it come undercooked, you wouldnt no how long it had be sitting around b4 it was cooked ect

were u ok flopsy? Im sure u were. I havent been as strict with myself lately and ive eaten a few runnyish eggs. I also had to eat a few dodgy looking things when i was on holiday in Egypt a week or so ago and i was really worried but i was fine x

Thanks everyone! As it turned out I was fine about the chicken. It is just a shame that other things are not fine. But I'm sure things will work out ok.

Thanks again for all the reassurance.

Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back