Joshua James Boswell 09/08/13

Kelly450

Reaction score
Very happy to announce the birth of my beautiful son Joshua.

Due date rolled round on Thursday August 8th and i woke up in one of the strangest moods. Not angry, not frustrated, not sad, Just very odd. I had a rant at my OH the poor bloke. I think my hormones must have gone sky high.

At 3.45am on friday morning - i woke up, stood up to go for a wee and my waters gushed down my pj bottoms!
I stuck a pad in and very quickly started losing my plug.

At 5.45am i rang the hospital and was told to go in at 9am.

9am i was examined and was only 2cm dilated and cervix was far back so she moved it further forward and sent me home. Booked me in to get things started for 6.30am the next morning.

10am or just after i got home and within the hour the pains has tripled and contractions were coming every 2 minutes.

12.30 - Back to hospital at about. Examined and only 3cm but was kept in. Managed to get in a bath at the hospital at about 1pm, then the pool room became free about 2.45pm and i had the privilege to get it which i wasn't expecting at all.

Somewhere between 2.45 and 3.50 - Just before i got in the pool i had to be examined again and was 7cm so i started on the gas and air!

So, the pool was run for me and in i got at 3.50pm!

At around 4.10pm the midwife said that if baby hadnt arrived by 7.15pm then she would need to do get a catheter and take my urine. I wasnt happy at the thought of contractions until that time.

To my surprise (and the midwives i think) babys head started crowning! A few pushes and head was out and wasn't as painful as i thought it would be. I wasn't on gas and air once head started crowning but it seemed so quick between head out and body out that i think the effects were still lingering.

He arrived at 16.42! Which was exactly 13 hours after my waters broke.

Went to deliver the placenta on the bed, simple. Examined for tears. Only a first degree and no stitches and lost very little blood.

20.43pm we were discharged and i had a shower, we got Joshua ready and left the hospital about 9.45pm :D

So pleased i had my water birth! xx

What a fabulous relaxed and easy birth u had. Massive congratulations Hun. Gorgeous !! X

What a great labour!!! Yay!!! Well done mate. He's adorable and I do really love the name. Let the fun begin! ;-) xxx

Kel what an amazing labour geez I want samw please. .u did amazing am so happy for u little man is gorgeous xxxx

Well done Kelly. You make it sound easy :) He's absolutely stunning xx

Such a gorgeous little boy! Sounds like the perfect quick labour, u should be v proud of urself! Congrats again hun, so happy for u x

What a great labour, congrats again he is too cute xx

Oh Kelly he is a stunner. Sounds like a fab birth! Congrats again

Xx

Sounds like a pretty perfect labour to me. I'm glad you got a water birth too, they are amazing and I feel lucky now I had one first time.

----------------
dd born 6th Feb 2011
ds born 12th Aug 2013

4 weeks old tomorrow! People aren't joking when they say time goes so quickly!

Wow it does fly by!! Congrats, sounds like it went really smoothly :):) he's gorgeous, bet he's changed loads?

Thank you. Yes. Its very odd how much he has changed and how much bigger he is! uploadfromtaptalk1378395724034.jpg
That was yesterday!

And this was at a day old uploadfromtaptalk1378395794178.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9300

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27