Job hunting while pregnant

Tanzanite92

Reaction score
Hi not sure if is the appropriate section but just wanted to see if any other mums have been in the situation.

So due to covid my work made me redundant, it was a total mess how they handled it so that was stressful enough. I am now needing to find a new job.....I'm 17 weeks now and my bump is quite noticeable. I've had a few interviews but no luck getting the position, I know there is a lot of others applying for the same jobs so its gonna be tough.
I have got a job trial tomorrow for a job that I would love and thrive in but I'm worried if they notice the bump I won't stand a chance.
I was in a similar position with my first pregnant over 8 years ago and I never got hired.
Just needed to put it somewhere....stressing out

That’s tough. Employers can’t legally ask you if you’re pregnant, but if they can see a baby bump then they don’t really have to ask. Can you wear something very loose-fitting or flowy for the job trial?

I was job-hunting during my last pregnancy and never had any luck.. Once the bump is visible its near impossible to find someone willing to hire you. Do your best to hide it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back