Jaundice. Even more yellow !!

Elfs Mummy

Reaction score
So we were sent to the hospital yesterday for a prolonged jaundice test but they decided not to do it as she was feeding well and didn't look as yellow. However today she is even more yellow than she was yesterday, it's very noticible in all lights where as yesterday you could only notice it under some lights. Not really 100% sure what to do my hv was meant to be here 20 mins ago and i have the mw coming later should i wait or call ? im worried that its more thn just her feeding thats causing the jaundice as she was feeding really well and it's only the past 24 hours that she's been like this. Aren't babies a worry !! xx

Isla had breastfeeding jaundice until she was 6 weeks old. They had me take her to the doctors three times with it. She was gaining weight and feeding well but they wanted to check. Isla got more and more yellow from birth. I didn't notice until I sat her next to my friends baby.

Try not to worry too much. Isla is a lovely pink colour now :) xx

Devons Jaudice has only been gone for the last two weeks, and he is 7 weeks now.

His yellow whites of the eyes were the last to go. Depending on what he wore or what lights he was under depended how he looked. the HV kept telling me to take him back to docs as it should have gone by 3 weeks age, then the docs has bright white lights and then I felt like a fraud! He was feeding fine and putting on loads weight so they left it and now it's gone.

Hope yours goes soon

I don't really have any advice as my sons was never bad, but I am interested as to what ur hv said? Did ur lo get checked?
Hope it goes soon hun x

I ended up back in hospital with her as she wouldn't wake up and her temp was up but she was fine, they think its breast feeding jaundice. The consultant i was seeing said that he wanted to continue to monitor however i saw the doctor at the hospital on Monday and he said not to bother which has pissed me of. Hv is keeping an eye xx

Oh FFs. Poor you. Consultants do annoy me when they just disagree x

It will go eventually. Isla finally looked normal at 12 weeks ish. I didn't believe anything was wrong until she laid next to a friends baby and she looked tanned :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back