Jane Carry cot Pro 2007

Sherlock

Reaction score
Hoping someone out there has used one and can explain :)

Hubby and I do lots of hill walking, live on a farm etc so feel the Jane Slalom Pro suits our needs as a buggy etc.

But the thing I am trying to understand is the pram/cot part of it. I am told the pram (the proper pram, not the one that folds into a car seat also) is designed to use in the back seat of a car to transport baby in. It belts in and baby can lie flat (though as I understand it, its sideways on). We've seen the buggy and the cot/car seat in person and tried them out, but I really would prefer the proper pram over the cot/car seat but can I find one to have a test drive with. Nope :roll: Its all online or not at all round here. So hoping someone is able to shed some light for me please :)

janeautocotmarineextraho8.jpg

If anyone has this or is using it can you explain how your baby is secured in? Is it with a harness? I am trying to get my head round what happens if you brake hard and baby is sideways on in the cot sleeping. How does the blooming thing work exactly.

I like the idea of it and as we often have to travel longer distances I'd rather keep a young baby lying flat for those journeys that stuck in a baby car seat that then doubles as its pram.

Im hoping to get this one and i was going to go after work and check it out! I can give you feed back then if you don't get anyone else to reply. I love the blue and green colours!

From my understanding the child has a velcro harness in the cot and this is how they are secured. I will ask at the shop tonight for you (i know i am a little premature but there is no harm in asking!) I have read some reviews and i think some people worried about their children undoing the velcro when they are older but i guess it would only be used until the baby is about 6 months anyway.

We could always exchange details on where to get it from as well as we might be able to get a good bargin or at least a little money if we compare notes!

Hope i can help llater on - only an hour left at work so hoping to go down after x

O that would be great :)

My research has only been able to turn up the Matrix carry cot/car seat and while thats ok, I would prefer baby to have decent space in a proper cot and not have the head rests etc and the smaller space of the Matrix when its in cot mode.

It seems that some stores simply won't stock it as none of their staff are trained in how its fitted and used and because its a new concept seat, in that the baby can remain flat instead of sitting, they are not planning on stocking it.

You can buy them online easy enough, but I really wanted to actually see one for myself and check all the fittings and so on.

I love the buggy so will get one regardless, but the pram cot would be the ideal to start off.

Price wise I've found some decent packages for under £500 that have the pram and the buggy etc. I found a couple cheaper if you buy them separate. But it needs more research.

Really looking forward to what you have to say about the carry cot later.

Ok you got me all excited that someone is lookingat the same product.

Check out the Car Safety on this website

http://www.jane.es/

You have to click on UK and then car safety - it gives you a little video of how it is installed etc - looks pretty good and straight forward.

Will let you know how i get on later x x

Hehe me too :> Its good to know someone out there is looking at the same thing as me. I was beginning to think I was making a bad choice as not many people seem to have them.

Thanks for that. I'd looked on the site but hadn't been able to view the demo. Just tried another browser and it worked fine :)

It looks good. Baby looks like they would be held safely also.

I really like the idea of going for the Jane Slalom Pro Formula Travel System with the pram and the Rebel car seat also as they are good up to 13KG/18 months old. So as baby gets a bit older and doesn't need to lie down so much we can swap over to the car seat for shorter journeys etc.

Also that on the frame on its own is nifty then :)

So many options.

Ooooo really looking forward to hearing your report later :>

Ok so i went and tried it out but i dont think it is going to work in my car. My care seats are differnet heights (due to the cushion padding) and it doesn't lie flat which i am really gutted about. I was concerned that it would rock too much so i think we will have to decide its nt quite right for us.

The pushchair looks great, the blue and green looks great together. I might still go for the pushchair. I hope you are able to find a local stockist so you can try this out, phone every baby shop near you as you never know they might have one. Hope you have more luck than i did x x x

I have the Jane slalom pro with the matrix car seat/carrycot. In auto carrycot mode there is a massive velcro strap that secures around baby's waist. I was never totally convinced how great velcro would be in the event of an accident, but then we did use it when Maia was 3 months for a journey back from Cornwall and it was a godsend to know she was so comfy!

I imagine its the same in the proper carry cot.

The only thing I would say its that the combined Matrix carseat/carrycot is no good for newborns IMO as they are far too upright and the head hangs forward at a grotesque angle! I've heard the same said about the Mamas & Papas Primo Viaggio.

When Maia was new born we used the Jane Rebel pro car seat which is fab, and now she is bigger the Matrix is excellent because its bigger and I leave it in the car all the time.

Thanks for your feedback on it tots hope :) Shame its not quite what you were hoping for.

I don't think I am deterred about buying it. I really want a decent pram regardless and even if it can't be used in the back seat it'll be exactly what we need for everything else. We have a large estate car and its back seats are fairly flat so we can try it out and see. If not, ah well, its sitting upright in a baby carrier for journeys, we'll just keep them on the shorter side the first months.

Kitty - we found a package deal for 545 pounds (stupid Mac keyboard and no pound sign) that gives you the buggy, the pram cot and the Rebel baby carrier and will go for that so as to have the baby carrier/car seat for when we need it. I didn't like the Matrix seat/pram at all as I felt it was too enclosed and not roomy enough as a pram so thats ok. I want the proper pram so as baby can lie flat.

If we just got the buggy and pram it'd cost 495 and the baby carrier on its own is about 100 quid, so getting the whole lot saves a few bob :) Plus the baby carrier is good to 18months old so can then move on to proper car seat. Plus I love you can put the baby carrier in the frame and zoom off with just that :)

So many possibles.

Thanks for you feedback ladies. Been very useful. :D

Sherlock said:
Plus the baby carrier is good to 18months old so can then move on to proper car seat.

Hmm, not sure about that, Maia is 18lb 10oz now and barely fits the rebel car seat now! Although she can go in a forward facing from 20lb.

That package sounds pretty good though!

Hellokitty said:
Hmm, not sure about that, Maia is 18lb 10oz now and barely fits the rebel car seat now! Although she can go in a forward facing from 20lb.

That package sounds pretty good though!

Its good to 18months/15KG apparently. Depends I guess :) I'd be inclined to look for a forward facing one from that weight onwards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back