Jakob Alan Harry has been born!!! birth story

cassi

Reaction score
Jakob Alan Harry Mees was born on 18th October 2006 at 19:04pm, 8lbs1oz and this is my birth story :D

I woke up in the morning at about 4:30am because alans alarm went off (he works shifts) and he went off to work at 5am, i tried getting back to sleep but had been finding it hard to sleep and had been having tummy pains all night, period like cramps but i just thought they were twinges because i had been having them for a couple of weeks or so already, i was just about nodding off again at around 6 and i felt a really sharp pain in my stomach at the bottom, i just put it down to stretching pains and rolled on my side to feel a popping sensation followed by a little gush, i knew what had happened and i jumped up and ran and sat on the loo where i had another big gush, at this time i ran downstairs and called Alan and told him to come home as i knew that even though i wasnt having regular and strong contractions the hosp would ask me to come in because waters had gone, so he was on his way home and i called the labour ward and as i thought they asked me to come in to be checked...i then started running round the house like a mad woman, posting on here to see if anyone was on to offer some support, looking for my hair straighteners!! putting all my toilettries in a bag, all the while dripping waters all over the place, i found my mat pads but they didnt really stop much for long and i was putting a new one in every 5 minutes!!! Alan got home and we put all my bags, and Jakobs together by this time i was having contractions but bareable ones every 6 minutes dropping down to 4 in the car. and off we went to the hospital, we got there at 8am and i was asked what my waters were like and the pad was checked and they said i had meconium in the waters (they were very greeny) and that it could be that baby is distressed but usually just that baby has decided to do a poo but is fine, but because of the risk of him swallowing it/been depressed i wouldnt be able to go home and would have to stay in till the birth. I was hooked up to monitors and given an internal only to be told that i was just half a fingertip - 1cm dilated by now my contractions were stronger (but not too strong) and closer together about 3 minutes!!!! was told they were preparing my delivery room for me and that i would have an induced labour due to the meconium. I was then transferred to the delivery room and hooked up to the monitors again and put on a drip of synotocin (sp?) to induce the labour. The drip started to work quickly and my contractions had got much stronger, i was given gas and air and had my tens on max, when i first took the gas and air and my contraction ended i looked around and burst out laughing!!! it was great, very strange feeling but it didnt take away the pain though! The contractions were building up thick and fast and i was given another internal (this was about 4 hours later) and told i was only 1-2cm still! :( i was in agony and i was offered a pethidine shot or epidural, i took the epidural option and alan bless his heart was getting really scared cause i was in so much pain!

I got the epidural about an hour later and waited for it to kick in (it took a while) but when it did it was a godsend and i even managed a snooze for a little bit! I woke up and the epidural had started to wear off i had been given top ups every half an hour but now i had been left for a while without a top up and the contractions started coming very strong and i was waiting for ages for the anethiatist to come and give me another top up, at this time i could feel the head was very low down and felt the urge to push the midwife said she would give me another internal when the epidural has been topped up. So about an hour later i was given an internal and she told alan to have a look and he could see hair!..i was then told i was fully dilated!! finally about 5 hours since the last internal which was quite good cause i went to not moving along at all for ages to suddenly getting to fully dilated, this was at about 6:40pm i was told they would wait for the epi to wear off so i could feel my contractions and then start pushing, there was no way i was letting it wear off fully to push so i waited till i could feel the twinges of the contractions at around 6:50pm and told her it had worn off and she said i could push at contractions so i did and i pushed for the life of me!!!! and when the head was nearly out i was told to pant (listen to the mw's when they say this cause it prevents tears) so i did and then gave 1 more push and he was out, at 19:04pm, he cried straight away which was great, i burst into tears, alan burst into tears he is so beatiful, and i was then given a jab to speed up the delivery of the placenta which came no more than 2 minutes later, it was gross! :shock: .

I was wiped down and a pad put under me and given Jakob to cuddle, and then Alan had a cuddle while i was put on a catheter (cause i was immobile due to the epidural)

I was left in the delivery room for about 2 hours to spend time with Jakob and Alan and i was washed down in the bed and dressed by a midwife and taken up to the maternity ward, i had to keep the catheter on all night and Jakob was waking up every 15 mins or so!!! all the other babies slept all through lol!! bless him!.

I spent the night losing quite alot of blood which wasnt nice and was happy to have the catheter off and have a wash the next morning but i found it very hard to get up and walk and felt like i was about to give birth all over again!!! then i did a wee and :shock: like peeing glass and knives!!!! i had only grazed but god it hurt!!!! it is all worth it when i look at my angel though!

Well thats the end of my birth story lol! am glad to be home now with the 2 most precious men in my life!!

cas xx

Oh well done cassi!!!
What a lovely birthing story!!!

Welcome little jakob x :cheer:

congratulations and well done !!!

What a beautiful little baby boy you have !!

Awwwwwwwww well done you! I'm in tears now (good ones), it sounds so wonderful. Hope the graze heals soon, but mainly congratulations on the birth of your extremely gorgeous son :)

Congratulations Cassi! He is beautiful :dance: :hug:

:dance: :dance: Congratulations Cassi and Alan,welcome little Jakob :dance: :dance: He's beautiful!! :cheer: :cheer:

Really lovely story Cassi - glad that everything went well and that you and your new little family are home so quickly.

That is such an exciting birth story Cassi! Congrats to you and your DH xx

Congratulations on the birth of Jakob! He is absolutely beautiful! Love to you & your family x :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back