• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Jacob Thomas Pledge

Lynsey

Reaction score
My baby boy, Jacob was born on Tuesday 28th November 6 weeks early. I think I have just got over the shock that he is here as his due date was 8th Jan! Here is my birth story..

I woke up on Tuesday morning to mild period pains and the feeling that I had leaked down below. Having got out of bed to investigate, my waters started leaking more heavily over the bathroom floor. I phoned the hospital to tell them and I was told to come in straight away.

My husband and I arrived at the hospital at about 8am and were sent to a delivery room where they confirmed that I have ruptured my waters. At that point, I wasn't in labour and so they were talking about me going up to the ward where I would have had to stay until I gave birth because of the risk of infection. The midwife informed me that this could take days or even weeks :shock:

After an hour of sitting around, I started getting really strong contractions that were coming every couple of minutes. I remember feeling really frustrated because I wanted an active birth and I was hooked up to the heart monitor so couldn't move. The pain was getting worse and I wanted them to examine me to find out how far along I was. At 12pm, the midwife informed me I was 0cm and not even in actual labour! I was so frustrated.

The contractions were coming every minute and they examined me 2 hours later to reveal that I was 8cm! I was so pleased! I was on gas and air which I loved although it did make me throw up. After pushing for an hour, Jacob arrived at 5:01pm weighing 5lbs 12oz. He was born and put onto my chest for a minute, before he was rushed off to special care as he was having trouble breathing.

He spent his first night in an incubator and then the next 9 days in special care. We have just brought him home and he is doing really well!

3 days old
jacobthomas.gif

Going home
goinghome2.gif

13 days old
DSC05347_small-1.gif

Love Lynsey & Jacob

OMG he's gorgeous, what huge eyes! I bet you were real scared, I'm glad everything turned out OK. He is a lovely looking fella. :)

Lynsey, he's absolutely gorgeous!
Congratulations!
Lucyx

8cm in 2 hrs, WOW, thats fab going :clap:

He's a lovely little chap, congrats.

Congratulations and welcome to the world Jacob. He is stunning :D
I bet it's great having him home. :D

well done you........ what an absolutely gorgeous baby :D

very very early congrats to u hun!!! :hug:

welcome little Jacob, u wanted to see xmas didnt u!! :cheer:

Great story Lyndsey! So shocked when it happened considering you were due after me!

Glad he is home and doing well, he is a little cherub :hug:

Congratulations, welcome little one.

My Isabella was 5lb 12 aswell, they are so tiny.

Unbelivable, we were due same day, I was so shocked when Jaid txt me to say you had had him!!

You did so well hunny, well done.
:clap:
Welcome to the world Jacob, what a beautiful boy xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen