IVF what to expect

bisou

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I have been a member for several months, and also 18months ago. Been ttc for almost 3 years, several miscarriages:wall2: but have finally gotten my first appointment for starting IVF .

I just wanted to know if anyone knew what I should be expecting.

i have had all the sceening tests done and taken clomid, which successfully made me ovulate so i am a little aprehensive now as to what is going to happen.:roll:

Also does anyone know how many cycles you get on the NHS?

Any help would be appreciated

x x x

sorry i cant answer your questions but just wanted to say all the best lovely xx

I just want to wish you luck hun :hug:

I think every area is different to what funding each area has. But I think 3 seems to be a fairly common number :)

I can't help in anyway, but would like to wish you all the luck in the world

Donna xx

sorry i cant help, im currently going through the same at the moment but im not allowed IVF funded because i have a child from a previous relationship.

f**ked up if u ask me!! (sorry its a sore subject)

but wishing u all the luck in the world hun xx

I don't have any experience to offer but wanted to wish u all the best for the IVF - hope it goes well xxx

:wave::wave:Thanks everyone for your support.

Ill let you know how I get on.

I have had an info pack through which has stated that Hubby has to have a :sperm: analysis, and then 8 days later we have our appointment to discuss treatment and a scan for me.

So excited and scared all at the same time.

but :dust::dust::dust:to myself and all of you trying.

Hi bisou,
I know that IVF treatment on the NHS is subject to guidelines that are issued by the National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE). The recommendation is that the women should be offered up to 3 cycles of IVF. There are criteria that you have to meet though and individual primary care trust can add their own criteria which may affect your eligibility.

The waiting list also varies depending on the area you are in. One thing to note is that you may have to pay for any prescription medicine that you require.

Hope this helps. Try to get as much information off your clinic as you can. It is good to know what to expect rather than have unwanted surprises down the road

Hi bisou, i personally have no experience of IVF as currently WTT but wanted to wish you good luck :clover: and lots of :dust:!!!
my sis is currently going through IVF which is one of the reasons we have decided to WTT.

hope all goes well for you xxx

Hi bisou, I have been told I may have to go for ICSI although we have to keep trying till dec and then be referred. My partner has a child of 17 from a previous relationship he is 40 n I am 29. We cannot get it on the NHS which is upsetting as I have no children n its soo expensive. My friend is going through it and has been granted 2 cycles free n she is the same age as me. Apparently it goes on age, existing children etc. I just called my IVF unit directly today and asked them. My OH had a reversal vasectomy after 11 years so his sperm count is not great although it only takes one as they say so im keeping all my fingers crossed. Good luck to you all xxxxx

Hi Bidsy

Thanks for your support.

thats a real :bum:about the funding.

I have been reading on fertility friend IVF support groupy that if you egg share you can get quite a hefty reduction in the cost of the treatment. Maybe you should ask them the question.

I am currently in the last :2ww: before IVF starts, so am :pray: for this month to be our month.

my DH gave his sample yesterday and we have our fist joint appointment next wednesday, and i do not know what to expect at the first one. Will they start us stright away, will I have to wait another month. oh all these questions are going round in my brain.

But december is a long time away and if you can try and relax and my fingers will be crossed for you,but I do wish you lots of luck and if you need anyone to talk to i am here.

:dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust:

Best of luck Bisou.
It would be great if you could keep us all posted - very helpful to everyone about to embark on the same journey.
Bead Xx

:wave: Hi Everyone.

its been ages since I posted on here but thought I would keep you updated.

We had our fist joint appointment at the fertility clinic on wednesday. DH has happy :sperm: so he is pleased and my scan once again showed no signs of PCOS. so again UNEXPLAINED.

But because I was on the 3rd day of a new cycle they are starting my treatment this month, hopefully on the 16th. have to have a tutorial on how to inject my self on the 13th so that should be fun.
I have 2weeks of the first lot of drugs and then a scan and then another 6 days of another drug then 3 scans and then hopefully egg collection on or around the 14th June. and then fingers crossed if all is well be in the :2ww: from the 18th June.

I have been told though not to expect a positive result from the first session as most people take an average of 3 sessions. Although down heartning, its nice to be told the truth so you dont get your hopes up too much.

the hospital is great and all the staff seem wonderful.

I am nervous but at the same time relieved to finally be starting something.

Any ways thats were I am at the mo.

kisses and hugs to you all and of course:dust::dust::dust::dust::dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back