• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

IVF update - day 47

Kerrieanne

Reaction score
Hi ladies :wave:

So, it's day 47 and I went for my 2nd scan today. I must say I was a little nervous, don't know why? I guess I'm so used to disappointment these days I'm always on guard!

Thankfully all was fine :dance: I have 12 good sized follicles :dance: There are a few small additional ones which are expected to continue to grow during the course of this week. My doctor says that she is pleased with how everything looks and expects me to be ready to have the procedure done next Tuesday. :dance:

She did mention that as the week progresses i will begin to feel a little uncomfortable in my ovary area and will experience lots of bloating. True, i do feel very bloated and can't wear any tight tops as, ironically, i look pregnant:roll: I'm quite slim so any weight i put on round my belly is obvious.

I am currently on 150 Buserellin in the mornings and 150 Gonal F in the evenings.

My current symptoms are tiredness :nap: and the headaches continue, only not as bad. I could sleep for England and slight nausea is present when I'm tired. I get little niggles in both ovaries which feel like little stabbing pains but very slight, this was an indication the Gonal F was doing something.

I feel quite pleased with myself today and literally taking things one step at a time.

My attitude so far has surprised me. I am calm, stress free and relaxed. I refrain from doing anything that will stress me out and generally taking things easy. I have reduced my gym activity to basic exercising, no weights and I do lots of swimming. Eating healthy too has been important to me and eat fresh veg and fruit at any opportunity.

My next appointment at the hospital is on Wednesday 25th May and I shall provide another little update then. :)

Bead, LouiseB hope you are doing ok this week? xx

Sounds like you're coping really well, looking forward to seeing your bfp announcement xx

Hiya Kerrie :)

Wow! 12 iccle wannabe babies - gotta get a baby out of one of them i'm sure :D

Thats great news :dance:

Sorry about the bloating - when you consider that each follicle is the size of a large grape and you have twelve of them it's got to be pretty intense :shock:

I'm fab thanks - got my treatment start date :good:

Oh - how much Buserelin did they start you on?

I think the lady on the phone said 180 something to me... does that sound about right?

Wow 12 follicles ..... That is brilliant news hunny eek its all very exciting xxx

Hey Louise

How about your appointment hey, that's fantastic!!! Bet you feel great x

Yes, they started me on 3.0 for about two weeks. Now i'm down to 1.5. Hopefully i only have a few more days of injections left.

I have another appointment this afternoon for another scan. I've been getting lots of little niggles especially on my left side, it's quite anoying actually.

I'll know more later this afternoon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back