I've got kidney stones :0(

Sarah13

Reaction score
What a night and day I've had! Woke up last night in agony and thought I might even be in early labour, turns out I've got kidney stones and the uti I had diagnosed earlier this week has got a lot worse instead of better. Been passed from nhs 24 emergencies in the night to my doctor and finally to the maternity unit. luckily they let me come home after lots of tests and a few hours there, with different antibiotics and pain relief so feeling lots better than I did earlier. Never knew how painful a kidney stone could be, Im hoping I've passed it as the pain is now bearable! Just so happy the baby is ok, was so worried before we got to the hospital, gave me a right scare!

Goodness! Glad you are able to be back home.
I've heard kidney stones are mega painful, some say worse than labour, but I think that might be men saying that lol
Sorry to hear you are having a rough time xx

I would say it's close to labour pains, that's why I was so worried, different pain though as it's one sided and constant instead of the waves you get with labour pains! One good thing has come out of it though my hubby is now up for me having a home birth after seeing what it's like (and how bored he was!) at hospital!

Ha ha at least one good thing came from it then.
Have you always wanted a home birth?

You must of got such a fright. Hope your feeling better now xx

Oh my goodness!!

I'm so glad your ok now. What happens now about the kidney stones, do they need to be removed or anything? (dont really know much about it)

I bet you were terrified that baby was coming, every slight pain I get sends me into a panic. But at least its over now and you know its nothing to do with the baby.

Make sure you get plenty of rest!!

What a fright you had hunny, massive :hugs: Hope your feeling better hunny, keep resting and let your OH run around after you x x

Glad all is well with the baby, hope you feel better soon

Get well soon, what a fright you must have had!

Thanks everyone! Just got to take it easy and drink plenty so they should pass. Feeling a lot better today so maybe they have already passed. I'm meant to be going away today for a few days but will probably go tomorrow instead if I'm ok today.

Wow, how scary. So glad you are feeling better hun xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back