I've got a whopper!

LucyBee

Reaction score
I went to my new hospital this morning for booking in and had bloods taken etc. The midwife sent me for a scan as I'm still measuring big.

The baby is now off the 'normal' scale so I have to see a consultant in 2 weeks time so that they can keep an eye on things.

The sonographer said the baby is weighing 6lbs and 6oz @ 32 weeks. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Anyone else had this?

I'm clenching as I type!

Lx

gosh thats big :eek:

i have no idea hun. i think worse case they would give you steriod injections and induce at about 35 weeks?? or maybe book a c-section? im guessing by the way but thats all i imagined as when i was mesuring of the chart thats what i was told but the scan showed it was not baby and was the fluid but still they said they would look into inducing me as i said i was far to uncomfy

i never knew nathan was going to be massive the midwife said he would be a good size but never realised how big!!(10lb 3 oz) it was ok though normal delivery. whats the predicted weight at term?

fakkin hell..lol

my bubba was 4'5oz at 31 + weeks!

God that's a big baby! It could be wrong though hun, so try not to worry yourself too much! :hug:

OMG :shock: :shock:
Luke was only 6' 15oz when he was born!
I have been told by the midwife that this one will not be over 7
Good luck to you but dont worry they could be wrong

Wow, gonna be a big um! I don't know what they are gonna say to me cos i haven't got my growth scan for another 2 weeks. How many weeks ahead are you measuring?

Wow Lucy, he is gonna be a BIG boy!!

God whats going on with all these big babies????!!!

I am having my scan tomorow to see how big this one is! I will keep you all posted!

Do you think they wil offer a section if the babies get too big????

I never that big bump was slightly out of the line but never expected matthew to come out at 9lb 1oz but my friend got huge and had a 5lb 9oz baby who was a week late jammy bugger. All I can say is dont panic, it doesnt matter what size they are the pain is the same and you can always have something to get rid of that! :rotfl:

blimey thats big!!
could just be a growth spurt, i had a growth scan with Louie coz i was always measuring huge , had scan at 35 wks & baby came out at 7lb 2 ox!!! had to have another at 38 wks & baby had slowed down, in the end Louie was 8 lb 6oz at birth, so not as big as they thought.
good luck though. :hug: :hug:

hannah was estimated 7 lb 1oz at 33 weeks and she was 10lb 4oz when she was born at 36 weeks

dionne said:
the scan showed it was not baby and was the fluid but still they said they would look into inducing me as i said i was far to uncomfy

Dionne, they said it was excess fluid @ 27 weeks and now they're saying my fluid levels are normal and that he's just a big baby. God, I'm with you though on the uncomfy bit. I'm in hell here and still 2 weeks to go at work - commuting up to London every day with my massive belly/aching back/swollen ankles.

I thought I was just being a wimp but now I feel a bit more justified!

Thanks girls for all your replies although I was secretly hoping not to get so many shocked responses!

All I can do is hope (like some of you have said) that it might be a growth spurt and that he'll slow down for a while and CHILL OUT!

My poor front bottom. Oh dear God...

L xx

Keiran was 9lb 15 and two weeks early.This time we are having regular scans to see if this little man is also going to be a whopper although I am not near as big this time so I don't think he is going to be.
Keiran was predicted to be that big so it wasn't really a surprise although at the time we were told that it was just a rough estimate so not to take it as set in stone.

Lucy i really feel for you. some days i just wanted to rip my hair out i was in so much pain i wanted to scream!
its not nice and i would not wish it upon my worst enimy.
and when some girls in work would say how they were fine and were not uncomfy i wanted to slap them as i knew i was in pain.
as soon as Harley was born all the aching stopped and i felt sooo great.

they told me that because the fluid was so high that Harley if any thing would be small. as he would not be able to grow :?
your baby is determine to make your belly pop :lol:

how big is your belly mesuring with the tape?

mine got to 42 weeks when i was 35 weeks thats when it give way and Harley came.

you ready if LO is early?

mary70 said:
hannah was estimated 7 lb 1oz at 33 weeks and she was 10lb 4oz when she was born at 36 weeks

jesus christ, did you have gestational diabetes or something?

makes me cringe just thinking about it :shock:

bless you lucy!! i do sympathise but they'll keep a close eye on you at least to make sure you will cope with labour vaginally. you'll be fine :hug: at least you know not to buy newborn stuff and go straight for the 0=3 months xx :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back