I've got a whopper!

dionne said:
how big is your belly mesuring with the tape?

mine got to 44 weeks when i was 35 weeks thats when it give way and Harley came.

you know i measured mine for first time yesterday and its 44" now :shock:

Sassyminx said:
dionne said:

mine got to 44 weeks when i was 35 weeks thats when it give way and Harley came.

did the nurse do it???
you must have it wrong :lol: i was sent straight to the hospital when mine went over 5 weeks what it should have been. they feel from your pubic bone to the top of the baby

Sassyminx said:
dionne said:

ur pic dont look thaaaaat big :shock:

mine got to 42. sorry i did edit my post but it dont edit what i quoted. i just checked my diary :lol: .

your bumps lovely eb by the way was looking through the thread the other day :wink:

:cheer: Big babies :cheer: I'm not aloneeee!

Do remember though scans arent always accurate...

Mine wasnt accurate at all, and Lyndsey told me that she had read somewhere that if they think your baby is over 10lb they will give u a section now because of nerve damage was it? My hospital owes me a section then :evil: Like I said to Lynsdey, i'll forgive them if they give me a tummy tuck :D :twisted:

I will be gutted if someone breaks my record on here though :rotfl: Never broken a record before lol. I got a feeling though if these babies carry on at the size they are getting to, 11lb 2oz will sound like a 4-5lber sounds now. :? god help womens lu lu's in the future eh! :cry:

i would';t take what they say seriously. There is no way of knowing the weight by looking at a scan.
Until baby is born theres no way of knowing the weight or size of the baby. :)
Some midwives are quite good at feeling and estimating wheehr the baby is larger than average but hats all.
So don't get stressed.

Yeah they told me Aimee was gonna be 10lb and she was only 8lb 11oz thank god!

Lucy please don't worry! Your baby may be big but as others have said the scans can be so innaccurate. I was told so many different things, I really believe it's all a guessing game until they get here.

Stanley was over 5lbs (allegedly) at 32 weeks (everyone said he'd be big), We went over by a week and he was still just 7lb 2oz! He is a MONSTER now though! :)

There's no telling that babs will continue to grow at a rate of knots and you shouldnt be working yourself up about it, it's not healthy!

Hope all is well xxxx

there some interesting stuff about scans and predicted big babies on www.homebirth.org.uk and that i village website its all referenced so it should be genuine info thought it might reassure you a bit what i can gather is theyre really not that accurate....

You ladies are flipping brilliant!
Thanks all sooooo much! I feel reassured!

Dionne, we're almost ready. Ali, my husband, is under strict instructions to have the nursery cleared out by end of this weekend so we can put up the furniture next week.

Once that's done, I'm sorted so really he can come when he's ready!

Thanks everyone
L xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back