I've decided I'm too fat....

Hchee1979

Reaction score
I'm wondering if you girlies can help me. I looked in the mirror and thought OMG when on earth has that belly come from this morning...and its definitely fat and not bump :(

If you're trying to conceive (I have no idea where my cycles are - think it was pot luck the other day that I tested positive on an OPK) and you've not taken any exercise for ever do you think its safe for me to start using my cross trainer again. I mean if I have actually managed to get pregnant in the last week do you think that a cross trainer could damage things?

Sorry for the ramble...I want to lose some weight but last thing I want to do is cause another M/C. :(

Thanks in advance!
X

As far as Im aware a cross trainer is safe! Go for it!

I'm wondering if you girlies can help me. I looked in the mirror and thought OMG when on earth has that belly come from this morning...and its definitely fat and not bump :(

If you're trying to conceive (I have no idea where my cycles are - think it was pot luck the other day that I tested positive on an OPK) and you've not taken any exercise for ever do you think its safe for me to start using my cross trainer again. I mean if I have actually managed to get pregnant in the last week do you think that a cross trainer could damage things?

Sorry for the ramble...I want to lose some weight but last thing I want to do is cause another M/C. :(

Thanks in advance!
X

Hiya hun,

What isn your weight if you dont mind me asking? you can pm me, i just ask as I work on a voluntary basis for slimming world and go to group every week and its the only plan that im aware of that is safe for pregnancy.

Plus all it is is healthy eating not a diet, so you can still eat loads of the right things, Meat, pasta, potatoes, vegetables - and other items have a syn value. You should check it out!

Also hun check out the diet thread in the girlies room, there ate loads of us fighting the battle of the bulge and the encouragement in there is tremendou, slimming world is a great plan, it focusses on healthy
Eating xx
Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

Hey hun, I agree I've heard slimming world is great. A few of my mates use this plan and I must admit whenever they cook me dinner it's always yummy and there's always loads of food! xx

Thanks girls - I'm already a member of Weight watchers but dieting alone isn't enough I need to get moving me thinks! Think starting tomorrow I'll be doing 20 mins on my cross trainer !:)

Goog luck hun, I've recently started yoga, which lengthens your muscles, and is supposed to be really good for flattening your tummy. I find it really de-stresses me, which I'm hoping will help me to conceive xx

I know WW isnt suitable for pregnancy, sorry hun. I had to leave when pregnant a few years ago.

I'm trying to lose 4Kg which have sneaked on and started exercising again this week. Doing 30mins at a time of cardio or 1hour of gentle stuff like walking. I think so long as you are not seriously training a bit of light exercise if supposed to help ttc.

Anyone know anything different?

Hi I had the same a couple of days ago. I previously lost 4 stone on slimming world but since then was really ill and diagnosed with a type of arthritis so struggle to do alot of exercise. May go back on to slimming world. My sister in law stayed with it when she was pregnant with her first and they adapt the diet to being pregnant and even do you a special set of diet books.

Hi Ladies,

Do you still loose weight on the Pregnancy Diet or is it more maintenance?

Soph xx

My sister in law lost until about 5 months then it was just maintenance for the last few months but she never gained weight through her pregnancy. x

Dieting is not that great if you're trying to get pregnant as you might inadvertantly run low on important nutrients etc. and that's definitely not a great idea if you become pregnant.

Best thing to do is to check that you're not eating too much high sugar/fat foods and then pick an exercise you like and gradually build up how much you do. Walking and swimming are great for pregnant women so definitely won't do any harm if you do conceive, ditto for cycling as you can still do it until your bump starts unbalancing things. Exercising is great for pregnant women (if you've not done it before many Drs recommend starting some gentle exercise even if you're already in 2nd tri) and I'm sure that becoming a healthier weight through exercise will increase your chances :).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back