iv got a problem!

zarababy1

Reaction score
which unfortunalty i cant post on BnB beacause the freind in question is a member!....a friends little boy is really awful to charlie hes so highyly strug running about screaming pulling charlie all over...BITEING him nipping him saying MINNNEEE all the time too him! poor charlie came back from playgroup with a bite mark on each hand and a nip mark on his face, then later teeth marks on his cheek! staying away isnt really an option we live in a very small close nit village but hes so awful to him charlie ends up crying every time there together, they go to nursery the same day and i got a call asking if i would come pick up charlie early today as he kept crying for me (wonder why!!) i mentioned it and they said yeah they had noticed the child in question is a "strong charecter" (wat the hell does that mean!!?) anyway how do i stop charlie getting attacked every time there near each other andwhy does he only go for charlie?? i feel sorry for my poor baby he really doesnt seem to know wat to do with him self and i find him copping the child and i REALLY dont want that!

I used to work in a nursery and we had our fair share of 'strong charatered' children. The nursery should gave a policy in place which deals with incidents such as this (though they should also have a policy which keeps the name of other child private). We had incident forms which stated time, date, name of your child and exactly what the incident was which parent, practitioner who witnessed incident and practice manager sign. The other parent recieved a similar form but obviously from other pov as 'your child did this to another child today'. We then kept these forms and if there seemed to be alot of them for either child we'd call a meeting with the parents. Then behaviour controls could be put in place to try to prevent this happening. I would recommend speaking to the team leader in your sons room and also the manager, they should be working with you to stop this, no child should be afraid to go to nursery. Good luck x

sounds awful hun, I would speak to the nursery, but also in a calm way to the other parent too... :flower:

thanks ladies, We do get accident forms i get them quite often with charlie mainly because hes bumped his head or somthing, But a few times its been "ANOTHER child, has done this too him" they never tell me the childs name which is fair enuff, i also know my friends little boy (who we've got the problem with) has had them tell her he's bitten other children its obviously not just at nursery that theres a problem its also when we see them at mums and tots, they live over the road from us we see them at partys ect or if a bunch of us go to the park i mean she says "its his way of expressing hes frustrated" doesnt that need too be addressed? if a child is expessing emotion like that wouldnt there be an underlying problem? charlie crys, as do most kids of his age, charlie cant have his own way he crys theres no way he goes over and bites or nips someone he just doesnt even seen too know that kind of behavour and i dont want him too learn it! i feel sorry for charlie he should be able too go to mums and tots and play nicely with the other kids insted he seems too be going off on his own away from the others, I know this kid really loves charlie he gets sooo exited when he sees him and shouts his name, charlie used too be the same but hes slowing getting less and less now, but an example is charlie pointed his finger at this child and he bit it!! not only once stood and chomped on it untill i went over and removed charlie, Then his mother went over and pretty much draged hima cross the room shouting at him, maybe i think even hit his hand as a punishment? i mean i cant control how other people bring up there kids but i worry about my son he's been very close too his eye before and drew blood!

I think you should definatly speak to nursery manager/team leader in Charlies room x if the other childs mum is dragging him off, shouting and screaming at him and basically giving him loads of attention for biting he's just never going to stop! I'd def speak to the other mum as well. I hope it improves for you. X

Poor lil man :( Hope you get it sorted Zara :hug:

^^^ Definately - My friends son (4yrs) was continously coming home with scratches on his face as a certain child kept poking him in the face with sticks - in the end she moved him to another pre school to avoid the situation as the staff weren't very helpful at all.

Awwwww thats awful, poor little man. Hope you get it sorted quickly xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back