it's the priciple of it ~ rant about Asda

Linda

Reaction score
Ellie is on Farleys 1st stage formula (the yellow one).

we buy from Asda as it was £4 a tin and almost £5 everywhere else (maybe i'm a tight wad)

went today it's gone up in price by 90p!!!!!!

thats almost 25%

is it me or is that just abit ridiculous?

i know things go up in price but not so much in one go surely?

i enquired at customer services as to why it had gone up so much, even our store manager thought the price increase was excessive and gave me the number for head office to log a complaint.

the best of it is though, when we came home we checked the dates on the tins, the one we bought last week (£4) has a used by date of jan 2010 but the one we got today (£4-90) has a used by date of nov 2009, so to me that suggests that the £4-90 tin is old stock...

maybe i'm being petty but it's the principle....

its ridiculous. Ryans milk used to be £6.24 its now £6.94. i dont see how they can put it up by that much in one big leap :evil:

I've noticed that the price of baby milk has gone up a lot in the last year every where. Since Nathan was born 14 months ago cow and gate has gone from about £5.90 to £6.94 in my local Tescos. When your struggling with money and receive milk tokens like I did then your £5.60 a week you get to pay for your milk that only used to last 5 days anyway wasn't that great. :x

When I first bought formala for Stephen, so going back nearly 4 years. It used to be a fiver for most formulas! I was shocked when i had to buy formula again = how can they justify charging that much for babys milk.

Sorry to be the voice of reason hear, but the big jump in prices is not only in baby milk. Most food has gone up in price, especially things like meat, milk and bread (also horse feed has gone up - for the same reasons :? .) The weather problems over the last couple of years mean that UK grain crops have been decimated. A very dry April last year meant crops didn't get off to a good start, and then the rains in June and July literally flattened the plants just before harvest. They were then left to lay in the field a little while to see if they would spring back (they have to be mostly upright to harvest them) and many fields didn't spring back or developed rot before they were harvested because of the wet. This was the second year in a row there had been these conditions.

This meant that there was less grain available in the UK and so the price of anything dependent on grain went up - bread is obvious, but remember that cows are fed on grain in order to help their milk supply or to fatten them up for meat. Baby milk uses cow's milk as a starting point for it's manufacture.

I know it's not good that the cost of things jumps up so much, but there is a reason.

well when willow was still on formula it went from £6.98 to £7.98. im glad she is on cows milk now.

i rang Asdas head office this morning.

i was put through to the buyer of baby products and was told that this item had been put on a roll back although there were no notices anywhere stating this in our local store.

i was told that they would contact our local store and ask them to display a notice stating that this product was a roll back and has now returned to it's original price and to check all products are priced with correct labels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back