It's melt down day.

flexilexi394

Reaction score
Someone talk some sense into me!

I am an emotional wreck. I am just so sick of being SICK!!!! and feeling sick!!!

I throw up all day every day and today I am just at that end of tether moment, I really don't like this one bit, I feel dreadful and can't shake feeling "ill" all the time!

People say "pull yourself together you are pregnant not unwell" but jeez I feel so so unwell and can barely function as a normal person at the moment.

The thought of going to work is literally torture. I had yesterday and today off and I have spent it just feeling rough! I wake up with a sore throat every day from throwing up so much.

So sorry to burden you guys with this and sorry to put a downer on it but I just don't have anyone that understands to vent to (my OH is fairly good but hes a bloke and doesn't have a clue).

I want to just be free from feeling trapped in a proper horrid bubble of being sick, sore throats, sleepless nights and feeling like I have repeatedly been hit by a truck.

Please tell me someone else feels the same?! xx

Have you seen your gp hun?

Maybe you should try some anti sickness meds if it's affecting you so badly.

XX

Thanks for your reply lovely, do they literally just give out anti-sickness tablets? I went to the doctor last week and she basically told me to get a grip and deal with it as sickness is normal and can last the duration! So my purpose of asking for tablets to function was blown out the door because she was very dismissive of me.

xx

The ones for gastrenteritis helped me on extreme days, travel sickness tablets or bands may help..

I know how you feel and its really not nice.. I really hope it calms down.

Infact I pray. Because Im shitting myself now :lol:

PS its the build up of hormones making you sick, so tell people keep it shut. You feel shit. You can moan!!

xxxx

Last edited:
Being sick all day every day is not normal. Honestly sometimes doctors are nightmares, it's affecting you clearly and work. Tell the GP what you want you're not being silly, see another doctor if she's being such a dick. Sometimes I think male doctors are more supportive to pregnant women, I had a horrid female doctor but an absolutely lovely male doctor. Xxxx

God I do hope you don't get it like this RM its bloody awful isn't it, I am struggling to blooming cope and that is sooo not like me! I run my own business and am struggling soooo much to drag my ass to work at the moment, I also teach at a college a few days a week and I have to pretend I am going for a lot of wee's to go throw up. I really really hope trimester 2 has something better in stall to be honest this is torture xx

If it's affecting your ability to function day to day then I would say to go back again and ask for some.

Just see a different gp.

Explain that the last go you saw was very dismissive but you've come back because you sickness is affecting your ability to function normally day to day.

XX

Being sick all day every day is not normal. Honestly sometimes doctors are nightmares, it's affecting you clearly and work. Tell the GP what you want you're not being silly, see another doctor if she's being such a dick. Sometimes I think male doctors are more supportive to pregnant women, I had a horrid female doctor but an absolutely lovely male doctor. Xxxx

She was a bit mean, and really just made me feel very silly about even complaining about it. Her kids go to my daughter's school so I guess she either had difficult pregnancies and just got on with it or piss easy pregnancies and thinks people like me are whining!

I even said to her, what about all the food I am throwing up and she said well your bmi is high so it wont hurt... bloody charming eh x

What Em says. You cannot function then you need assistance! Being sick so much that your drained leaves you susceptible for more illnesses hunni.

Ive noticed I think its partly motion sickness I get, but only when pregnant. I got the bus alot when pregnant with J and was ill on busses, I get the train now but was on a bus today and felt really queasy not sick yet but just bleugh!

Yes but spewing means spewing out nutrients and fluid, vital to you and baby!!, id deffo see another. So inappropriate!
Poor lexi :hugs:

xxxx

Last edited:
Thank you all for being so supportive :hugs: I really can't keep throwing up like this so I think I will try get an appointment by the end of the week, however my next day off is monday so I may well have to wait until then depending on what they can offer me!

I will have to request that I don't see that GP again won't I ... awks!

Poor adam is having to cook dinner and its his birthday I feel so so guilty but I have been sick 7 times today and just can't stop running off to be sick! xx

Your BMI is high!!! What a cow!
She probably had a really easy pregnancy and doesn't understand your suffering. It won't be awkward just say I'd rather see someone else due to a past experience. There's a doctor I won't see and I don't find it awkward haha xxx

I'm feeling sick most of the day and sick Of being sick but only being sick about 3-4 times a day. Imnot sure if to your first or second, this is my second and I suffered exactly the same with my first and I have to say it's a rough ride!. What stopped me being sick in my first pregnancy isn't working in my second so I'm at a loss. The only thing I'm finding is that I need to eat little and often ie every hour. Im trying different foods each day to see what works for me. Sickness bands do take the edge off but they aren't working as great as they did the first time. You can get anti sickness meds from your gp but last time I practically begged for them and they did ease. Probably not want you want to hear right now but it does get better and it's all worth it in the end.

Find another doctor. You are sick, you need a doctor who helps you and doesn't talk about your bmi. I don't know what they give in your country, but I take antimetil (ginger tablets without prescription needed) and primperan (on prescription). 3 tablets a day in total. With DS I didn't take them because I didn't trust it completely, but soon found out I needed them. I was like you without medication, with medication I only got sick once a day or so. Now I take them and feel terrible but I can function.

I'm almost 8 weeks and so so sick too, I'm majorly fed up about it, not coping well at all. Been off work for 3 weeks, there's no way I can even drive, let alone teach children all day. The first doctor I saw was pretty dismissive too but I saw a lovely one the week after who was super sympathetic, did proper checks, scanned me and gave me anti-sickness tablets. They definitely take the edge off but I'm not always keeping them down which is an issue. You're going to make yourself ill if you're constantly being sick, you definitely need to see the doctor again x

Thank you so much for making me realise I am not on my own feeling like this, this is my second baby and it is a massive repeat of last time, and not a lot worked last time either to get me to stop being sick. I didn't stop being sick until 30 weeks last time, and only had a few weeks off it before I started being sick again.

It is frustrating that it affects day to day things of life, I hate being sick in public toilets and I hate feeling this anxious about it. This is a deal breaker for me having any more kids I tell you now! No way can I go through this again!

I am a little worried about taking the anti sickness medicine as I know nothing about it. I wake up and the first thing I need to do is be sick, so I guess that one is unavoidable but if they could stop me being sick the rest of that day that would be magical - anyone know what it is they prescribe in UK? xx

Ondasteron, metaclopramide, cyclizine I think there are far more but they're the common ones xx

I'm on cyclazine. My doctor told me I'd be doing myself and the baby considerably more damage by being sick all day every day, not getting any nourishment and becoming dehydrated. Definitely go and have a chat about it at least x

Thanks ladies, BeeSmall how often is it taken? I think I heard my midwife mention this medicine before xx

Also try oral or topical magnesium- magnesium deficiency can be a root cause of MS. Since I started supplementing with magnesium my nausea is gone. Good luck!

I have it 3 times a day. It's the one most commonly given out in pregnancy. The doctor assured me there was absolutely no way he'd be giving it to me if he was in any doubt about its safety. I was really concerned about taking anything, especially before 12 weeks but I just wasn't coping at all, especially with having a toddler. Absolutely no more babies for me either, this is hell! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back