its driving me mad

beanie

Reaction score
I have suffered from "restless legs" the last couple of days. If I'm sitting down or lying down my legs just ache, like I need to get up. It's really bad late at night but its pretty bad during the day too. I also keep getting pins and needles in my hands at night. It is driving me stir crazy, even writing this is taking a while cos I keep having to stand up!!!!! I just needed to vent.

At my ante natal class somebody was complaining about it.

For restless legs the lady recommended getting your OH to wiggle the foot about and then stretch the foot upwards gently as far as it will go. So the toes are pointing up towards the knee, before bed.

See if that helps

aaaaaggghhhhhhhhhh restless legs!!!!! yep somedays i could just chop the buggers off!!! just cant keep mine stil somthimes which is annoying. have you tried soaking them in posh bubble bath? water helps me as they kinda float and feel like there not attatched anymore! :lol:

Sarah, when did you start going to ante natal?! have only seen my midwife twice. Hasnt even been mentioned or anything!

Thanks for the tips. Will try the bath and the pointing toes up before bed. If all fails will chop them off!!!!!!!!!

I only have one antenatal class a month before I give birth, which looks at pain relief in labour. I also have a breast feeding class and a water birth class and thats all....... not what I expected but have other things I need to spend money on so can't attend any others.

Sarah

The info for my antenatal classes was all in my pack that I was given on my first midwife visit.

I have only had one class and it was the physio class where they tell you the exact reasons why you should crouch down when you pick things up and the real reason why you shouldn't cross your legs while pregnant.

It was very interesting and invaluable. If you haven't got the class info in your pack then chase your midwife for it.

hi, well my legs were like that around your stage and now all i do is wake up with really bad cramps n end up running round the bedroom screaming!
the only solution to this ive found is leg exercise b4 bed, for example i blew up some airbeds for some friends stayin over with the foot pump and that was the 1st night i didnt get funny legs! so try doin some step ups on the stairs and remember to try and sleep with your legs elevated on a pillow or something xx

beanie, pins and needles in your fingers at night sounds likt its carpel tunnel syndrome, very common in pregnancy, I have it too. tend to wake up with either pins and needles or numbness in fingers, this is caused by the relaxing hormone affecting the ligaments in your wrists so they crush the carpel tunnel (nerves going to your fingers). do you wrists look swolen?
Apparently in some women this can become quite painfull. if you mention this to your doctor or midwife and they can prescribe you wrist supports to wear at night to stop this happening.

Thanks Cat,

Had my midwife appt today and mentioed the pins and needles. She said that it sounded like carpel tunnel syndrome and that its very common and if it gets worse I can have some wrist splints. Its not painful, and its wierd as my wrists aren't swollen but its annoying waking up with numb fingers and pins and needles.

Baby was playing hide and seek with the midwife, was lying side on and she couldn't hear the heartbeat. I could feel baby moving so wasn't panicing but then I had to move and baby decided to let us hear its heart. It so cute knowing that my baby is such a wriggler, I put the remote control on my bump last night and it kept kicking it off :D :D

Legs no better, but I will be doing my leg exercises tonight. xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back