it's been a while! (Long post!)

emma_85

Reaction score
Hi all, remember me? Not been here in a while as the run up to Christmas, finishing work etc has been a real hectic time!

I hope everyone has had a lovely Christmas and are all looking forward to the arrival of your bundle of joy :)

Well, I have been fairly well but been experiencing quite a few unusual for me (yet perhaps not unusual for prenancy - who knows!) and wanted to talk through with you guys in hope that I can be reassured (1st babs for me!)

Odd sensations downstairs - At times I feel a real sensitive kind of feeling, in a way like the start of an orgasm without the climax! Other times it's a sharp, rather painful "gripping" feeling that seems to disappear if I sit up.

Evening Itching - This is a story in itself! I was convinced I had thrush, so after realising (2 weeks later) that it wasn't going to go away on its own, I went to the Dr's and was examined and had swabs taken. Results came back negative for thrush and bacteria infection (yay - but still this prickling itch still remained in full glory) so back to the dr's...more test for STD's this time...all negative (yay)
Over Christmas, visiting family has been an embarrassing time. I can not keep still. The prickly itch is driving me insane! My Mum has said it is "hormonal" - apparently when her and her sister were in the change she had itching, which was treated with steroid cream and anti biotics (which as she reminded me, I can not have, so will have to persevere!) Has anyone else experienced this?

Sharp, burning boobies - One day I actually took myself to bed and cried with my hands firmly pressing my nipples in, my whole boob felt hot and the intense pain reduced me to tears. At the beginning of my pregnancy I had these odd twinges in my oobs, but this is insane. I must get it once a week. Another embarrassing experience when in others company!!!

Now for a much needed moan as I'm getting increasingly anxious about things (especially people!) - The usual unable to sleep well is upon me, so I must admit (only on here mind!) that I am very irratable and can feel myself getting tetchy with people. Especially as so many people (my family mainly) have commented that for 36 weeks I'm "not that big". Which obviously gets me worrying that my little man is not developing as he should. He certainly moves well and seems comfortable where he is. My Mum is terrible for comparing me to family members that have had children. Telling me "Claire was huge and her lil lad was 8lb 11 - I reckon yours is going to be a 5/6lb er!"
I keep reminding myself i have 3.5 weeks to go before my due date and the baby could grow a lot over this time? If not though, I'll have a small babs - what does it matter! Doesn't matter at all to me or my hubby about the babies size, as long as he is healthy. It just frustrates me that other people comment all the time about it, it begins to get you worried that something is wrong. I'm seeing my mid wife on 4th Jan, so I'm going to get her opinion to hopefully put my mind at rest.

Apologies for the long waffle - it was a much needed waffle!!!

Big hugs to you all and a very happy new year x x x

dont worry about being small hun they kept telling me my baby was going to be tiny and she was 7lb 10 and on a plus side of being tiny you fit back into your jeans quicker heehee your baby will be just the right size :)

They put on about half a pound a week and you've nearly 4 weeks to go so don't worry. I'm sure everything else is fine too, it all seems to happen at the end!

Well welcome back, just in time for the lovely end bit and the baby!

I agree with the girls , I never have a big bump, but mine has just sprouted quite a bit in the last two weeks, baby does gain 1/2 lb each week in last weeks, and I have put on 1,5 stone now in total, so that's me done for weight as that's the same as I did with my first and last baby. I put on half a stone more with second baby and yet baby was only 6oz bigger than the first one! so was more me than baby!

My babies are always average size so don't worry yours will be fine, and as midnight says you will be thanking your little belly afterwards when you only have 10lbish of wobble to loose and you can wear nicer clothes quicker than your relative.

Can't help with the itching, but that does sound very annoying, can you get some aloe vera panty liners to help make your bits a bit more comfy, or would sudocream help? that sorts everything out, my 8 year old daughter uses it on her bits as she gets a bit sore as doesn't wipe properly when using the loo for number 1's! and really helps her at bedtime ready for the next day.

Last edited:
I had the itching with my first pregnancy' it wasnt thrush but i just used the canesten thrush cream at night and it soon went. May not of been thrushh but worked well to stop the itching x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back