• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

itchy hands?

scandicmum85

Reaction score
Yesterday I started getting a bit itching, and now my hands are itching but not too bad, just remember reading somwhere it could be sign of something? x

its meant to be a sign of maybe something to do with your liver? I'm really not sure to be honest but I would give the midwife a ring just to make sure.

There's that cholestasis link in here but I think there are more symptoms than just itchy hands, might be worth another read through though

yes its not too bad, my hands are a bit swollen up and it could be due to a bit warm weather too:) xx

My hands itch when they are swollen, prob what it is!

yes its normal to get a bit of extra fluid in body now and then when u are pregnant so gues its all normal :) xx

hey sweetie how you doing other than itchy hands? xxx

Hi Geminini!!! Im good thanks just in Norway right now visiting my sister and going back monday! How are you doing?Xxx

oh thats nice have a lovely time. Yes we're all good , just starting to get tired now and a bit hormonal but nothing dramatic we are moving house in 6weeks (eeek) so very excited in general xxx

well when i was itchy and it and it wasnt my hands it was my arms the midwife called me into the hospital to do a blood test on my liver and bile just to be on the safe side so if i was u i'd ring anyway

Contact your midwife. Had a friend who had itchy hands and it was cholestasis, may just be itching and swelling due to the hot weather, but as it could be cholestasis (which can be very dangerous for baby) it's surely best to get it checked out!

There is a 'sticky' at the top of the page re obstetric cholestasis. You are probably just itchy with heat/swelling etc but wouldn't do any harm to get checked out.

I was suffering with itchy feet last friday when I was in bed and phoned the assessment centre, they said to keep an eye and asked if my hands were itchy (they weren't) My feet were still itchy on the sat evening so I called them on Sunday and they asked me to go in for the blood test, just to be on the safe side. Results came back fine but at least they checked me to rule it out.

How you feeling now hun? Still itchy?

Was in boots earlier and saw that E45 do an itchy skin relief cream, might be of some help to you.

hi thanks.. My hands are much better!!:) I think it was due to hot weather and swollen hands.. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back