sooooooo Itchy!

annem

Reaction score
its driving me crazy i'm itching like mad. All over my legs, bum, feet, hands & back. My skin is really red but i'm not itching it. Is there anything i can use. Normal creams are doing nothing :(

hi hun have you mentioned it to yur mw because there is a condition caused by pregnancy and it can be quite serious, i would give your midwife or hospital a ring and just see what they say

aqueous cream should help cool it down until you see someone.

:hug:

i agree with mary, you should get it checked out by ur mw or doctor just to be on the safe side hun

I have exactly the same problem... :shock: Itching all over...

mention it to your Docs or MW's. They 'should' send you to have your liver function tested to make sure there isn't something more serious than the normal joys that come with pregancy .

put a damp flannel in a bag and pop it in the fridge. It was fantastic of a night when my feet where itchy!!

seems to be quite a few girls complaining of ithcing lately :think: wonder if the colder weather has anything to do with it?

I got my Practical Parenting mag thru the post today and for itchy skin they have recommended Barefoot botanicals SOS face and body cream ( www.barefoot-botanicals.com ) and the mums tip says try putting baby oil in the bath and trying to drip dry instead of using a towel! Brrr!

Thanks everyone. Its calmed down a lot but wil def try that cream Kylie, thanks. Don't fancy drip drying though! I'll tell the MW when i see her but think its just the hormones if it gets bad i'll give her call.

Maybe it is the cold making it worse, just another excuse to stay in bed :D

I would still have a word with the midwife or mau asap as this amongst other things can be a sign of pre eclampsia (sorry dont mean to frighten you) but I saw so many with this condition whilst in hospital and most had itchness/rash all over, its better to be safer than sorry, best of luck its worth getting it checked out :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tchotchke
Back