Is your nursery decorated yet?

TORino

Reaction score
I'm starting to think I have left it a bit late now.

We are no where near finished in the nursery. The furniture doesn't come until the end of Feb and the room is in a state.

Eeek. I know baby won't be in it straight away but I don't want to be doing it when LO is here

We don't have a nursery lol. Albert will be in with us until the extension is built. Hopefully having the loft converted too to make him a play room but we shall see xxxxxxxxx

Aw, that's nice. I'd love to have baby in with us for a long time but our bedroom is not the best :( I am concerned about it actually, it gets really really hot in the summer because it faces south and the sun beats down on it all day. It's even hot in the winter at times too. I'm not sure if there is anything I can do about it either.

We have actually just finished today feel better was stressing me out even though bubs will be in for us, just wanted soemwhere to put her stuff and for changing etc. XX

we have made a mammoth attempt today and i feel a little less suicidal!! just needs painted which my dad and oh will get done in a day or two and then the furniture to be delivered and set up..

as you say, bubs will be in his/her moses basket in with us for the first few months but i just want somewhere to put all the baby clothes and toys and everything else that seems to come along with these little bundles..xx

Ours is decorated. We did it the day before Xmas eve. Still not got the cot up yet tho :(

We have not even started the nursery yet! We have just spent last 3 weeks decorating our bedroom as it needed A LOT of work but not done a thing in spare room yet, we have furniture but the room is a tip and needs painting.

Xx

Getting there but I can't seem to convince DH that he needs to move his computer out of that room - plan to have LO in our room for the first year anyway so I am not stressing about it

Last edited:
Almost completed other than the blind and curtains :) xx

Hey hon, don't worry! We didn't start until I was between 33 and 34 weeks and it's still not completely finished yet!

I still have to buy Pip's curtains but I have everythin else - it just needs to go up!

Ah, maybe I have plenty of time then. Lol.

What I did forget to mention was my DH and the length of time it takes him to complete things. Project en suite is in its 3rd year... :lol:

Nursery is no where near ready!!... it has neutral colours on the walls and i'll put wall stickers on it to make it more baby-like once we know what we're having, other than that i'm having furniture brought in, only for the sake of having somewhere to store all the clothes and babies stuff we're collecting. Bean will be in my room for first few months in moses basket anyway, so think of decorating once cot has arrived and he/she doesn't like being in moses basket in mum's room no more! :) x

You haven't left it too late at all. I haven't even got a nursery because we're moving house just before my due date, so unfortunately I can't even start decorating one at all :( which upsets me.
But I keep trying to stay positive and remember that LO is in his moses basket in my room for first 6 months, so it's not that bad :)

I haven't bothered decorating, was recently decorated before found out I was pregnant, and hopefully will move out before he is in there, just need to get some blinds for in there. x

Not even started it yet.....only 7 weeks to go eeeeeek !!!!

I did mine at 18 weeks but this was more because we had a new carpet coming and I wanted the walls painting so there were no drops on the carpet rather than being super organised!! Then after that the furniture ended up being put up the next week because we were storing it in my parent's kitchen while they were living abroad and then they came home so we needed to get it out pronto!! lol

I'm glad I did it early now just because I'll now be working 55 hour weeks until I start mat leave at 37 weeks and that would feel a bit late to get going. It's been useful to have done as well to store stuff in ready for baby arriving.

I think as long as you set aside a whole weekend and draft in a couple of volunteers to help there isn't anything that can't be achieved in a couple of days. It's so exciting when it's done - sometimes when I'm downstairs I hear my OH just open the door and stand in there looking around!!! Quite sweet really!

Aw, that's nice. I'd love to have baby in with us for a long time but our bedroom is not the best :( I am concerned about it actually, it gets really really hot in the summer because it faces south and the sun beats down on it all day. It's even hot in the winter at times too. I'm not sure if there is anything I can do about it either.

Our bedroom is south facing too. We have blackout blinds which if closed in the morning as well as the door being shut keep the rooms nice and cool. The hot water pipes go through our room so we had the radiator disconnected as we just don't need it. I'm going to be dressing Albert depending on temp and using cellular blankets which won't let him get too hot. We can't have a ceiling fan cos if Daddy had grown any taller he'd have snow on his head lol

ours is all done just need to put up the curtain track and curtains.

We are moving march/ April so baby will have a new room then as the spare room at mo is a play room here. And baby will be in with us for first few month anyway

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back