Is yellow tongue thrush? Anyone else experienced this?

Rayoflight

Reaction score
Hi girls,

Spent a while googling this and just getting contradicting answers.

Should've just come on here first and asked, you lot are always the best. I'm worried it's thrush and if so I want to nip it in the bud.

Has anyone else's baby had a yellow tongue/thrush? I've noticed it on Blake this week and his feeding habits have really changed. In the past he would feed for 25-40 minutes whereas now it's like 10 minutes if I'm lucky and then no more. I should've gone to get him weighed today to see if it's affected his weight but thought it was Thursday today (doh!) and weigh in clinic was today.

Also, we've got into a lovely routine at night of me feeding him in bed after his bath, on my side. No phone, no TV just me and him chilling out. For the first week this was perfect and he seemed to be feeding well and his sickness was nowhere near as bad (he'd been really sick after every feed that week). In the past few days he's fed for about ten minutes then he comes off the boob, and screams, goes to latch on but doesn't and screams goes to latch on but doesn't and screams etc... It takes me ages to settle him but I manage it and then I'll feed him sitting up and he gobbles it down and falls asleep.

It's just really really strange. I've had very few problems with him feeding up to now and I'm wondering if this yellow tongue could be thrush and causing his habits to change? Today my nipples are starting to feel very very sore so I'm going to use the nipple shields and lash on the lansinoh until they feel better.

Any advice really appreciated, feeling quite worried about him.

Thanks, Gem x

Yeah it sounds like it could b thrush,wen my babies had it it was like their Tongue had a fur coat on iykwim? Dint know of any remedies except nystan drops that are prescribed from docs,think ur nipples will need treatin aswel xx

Poor Blake :( sorry no advice but didn't want to read and run. Hope someone comes along with some info for you

Emma
X

Yeah it sounds like it could b thrush,wen my babies had it it was like their Tongue had a fur coat on iykwim? Dint know of any remedies except nystan drops that are prescribed from docs,think ur nipples will need treatin aswel xx

Yeah his tongue is furry. Weird. And only my right nipple hurts for some reason.

It could be thrush as you can also get it if you are breastfeeding. Zach had it, but his was White rather than yellow. Go to the Docs or see your HV, the nystan didnt work for zach, he had to get the gel, but they wont prescribe it until 3months xx

Last edited:
Drake had this and was prescribed Nystatin twice but it didn't work. In the end i rubbed his tongue with a clean cloth to see if it was just a milky tongue (the doc thought it was) or really thrush. Anyway, some come away but it mainly stayed. After a week it had gone completely!!! I guessed that me rubbing his tongue broke the membranes on the thrush. Weird but it worked for us. If it is thrush you will have to get some stuff for you too i think.

Thanks guys. He's got his jabs tomorrow so I'll ask doctor then xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back