Is using a pessary safe

xx emma xx

Reaction score
Ive had really bad thrush for the past week becase i was using antibiotics. I cannot see a doc until Friday and cannot last that long without treating it as its driving me mad! Is it safe to use Canestan pessary? Im going to buy it today. I know it says on it see your gp if pregnant but im sure thats only so canestan can cover there backs incase anything bad happens! x

Mine gave me one the other day after I'd been to see midwife and said I'd been itchy down there she said use one now get doctor to give me one, (since I'm signing on) else I would have brought one lol x

But I have yet to use it but I'm guessing since he has given it me it must be ok. I just need to get my butt into gear and use it haha x

But I bet once I do my fella will want sex :S

Yeah it's safe to use...it's obv cheaper to get it prescribed but it's the exact same 1 that doc will give ya x

Hahahaha i know i told my OH once i use it, it may take a week to work!! I think they are safe as long as you dont use the one with the tablet. If i had mine just now i would have used it by now, im so uncomfortable!!xx

The pessary and cream is safe but the doc wouldn't give me the tablet one. Dunno why xx

I think if the doc prescribes you the oral tablet then its safe but you shouldnt buy it over the counter.
Phew im glad i can use the pessary, going out to buy it right now x

yeah the pessary tablet is saf I had 3 during the second tri of my pregnancy this time xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back