Is this teething?

abcd1234

Reaction score
Tally's being a right little madam and i get the feeling it might be teething but i'm not sure.

She's making a noise like she's really straining to poo, like a long grunt but it's not due to bowels.
She's throwing herself back and screaming, like throwing her head and arms back and arching her back, then shes fine after.
She will not be put down and wont sleep during the day but is fine usually being held and sleeping at night.
Her cheaks are flushed and she's hot.
When i run my finger over her gums i can feel tiny points but it's not as if teeth are about to break through.

She also is feeding a lot and has lots of very wet nappies. She's also had lots of dirty ones recently and puked all over me.

How long is this going to last? I cant do anything for uni, not even the reading, and by this time everyday i just wish someone else could take her cos i'm worn out :(

Sorry this post isn't well worded or structured she's winging and throwing herself around ehilst i'm trying to type :?

I cant help but AWWWWW SHE SOOOO CUTE IN YOUR SIG!!!

Awww poor Tally :( TBH hun, Ella has been doing alot of this over her 8 months but we have no teeth as yet. If it is teething I hope it's quick for her :hug:

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Well the grunting noise may be part of her learning new ways of making sounds as Calleigh went through a stage of grunting and looking like she was trying to poo but she wasnt :lol:
see here http://s216.photobucket.com/albums/cc31 ... V00365.flv
Calleigh also does the 'i will fling myself back kamakaze styley'

She could well be teething if she has flushed cheeks. If she feels hot have you checked her temp? Maybe she is a little under the weather

The symptoms you describe could also be linked to reflux. Phoebe used to make that straining noise and scream when it was coming back up. It would often be followed with sicking, then she'd be ok again. Arching of the back is also a sign, especially when combined with grunting. It can also make them feed a lot, as it neutralises the acid.

I could never lie her down, nor would she sleep during the day.

If it continues, might be worth mentioning to your HV or GP...

It could be a number of things such as reflux or trying to control her vocals but could also be teething.

Is she dribbling more than usual? That is a sign of teething as well as some of the other things you've mentioned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miamie50
Back