is this really necessary???

breezee1984

Reaction score
They took like 7 viles of blood from me at the doctors today to check for hepetitis,HIV and rubella....im already very nervous(even though i shouldnt be)...i just want baby to be ok and im scared enough with that, then to sit down and heave them poke me with needles and drain all of my blood???...this is so why i wanted a midwife

That sounds quite an ordeal - I havent had any blood tests since being pg. They did test me for Rubella before when we were TTC but that's it. They didnt take blood last time either before I had the mc. It sounds like different areas have different rules. Would they be concerned re insurance and things if you are in the States?

Forgot to say I am 6 weeks now, last pg I got to 11 weeks and had no blood test. Are you in a high risk area for HIV and hepetitis?

I don't care how many needles I have as long as they keep those evil little round plasters off me - they twang like hell when removed!

Ahhhhhhhhhh not looking forward to blood tests. Think I will be glad for anything to tell me bab is ok though x

they took 3 from me to test for HIV/AIDs/Hepatitis, Anaemia, blood group, rubella...I think I've got to have another lot taken in 3 weeks time! :(

it bugs me so bad waiting for them to call me and tell me my results...lol..i know im being dumb but i cannot help it...my mom had cancer and i remember her waiting for docs to call with information and was sooo damned nervous..i feel the same with this when i know theres nothing to worry about

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back