Is this ok?

Annie050408

Reaction score
Ella is now 4.5 months old and I am starting to wean her. I have been giving her a small pot of baby rice with her mid afternoon bottle but today decided to blend up some carrot and sweet pot for her- I blended 1 small carrot and a tiny sweet pot and divided this into 6 baby food pots into portions the size of an ice cube.

She loved it but was it too early to give her that and should I be sticking to baby porridge?

my lo isnt even 4 months yet and ive been weaning him for the last 2 weeks! i started with rice but he hated it so now has banana porridge either at brekfast or supper (depending on his mood lol) im stiking to the same flavour for a week and then change...from what ive been reading i think its best to stick to one flavour and then slowly introduce others but every baby is different.. i havent tried "proper" food yet...but i will start with carrots in a few weeks when he gets to 4 months!!!

It will be fine, just don't give her too much. It's good for then to have a variety of tastes. You will know best what/how much she wants x

Erin's right, a good variety of tastes from the beginning is key when it comes to weaning - just dont' overdo it, and if she really doesn't want anything, don't push it lol! You will soon work out what she likes and what she doesn't - good luck! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back