Is this normal? Feel like the worst mum ever

Shepherdess

Reaction score
I'm nearly in tears as I type this girls, I feel like the worst mum in the world.

Do your babies (mines 11 months) often bump and hurt themselves?

Mine seems to loads no matter how careful and how closely I watch her. She crawls and loves cruising round the room and pulling herself into everything but she's still a bit clumsy and what feels like loads but is probably 4 times a day she'll fall and bump her head and screams and cries and I feel terrible. I'm never far away and I must say I catch her a lot more times then she falls but I worry that I'm a bad mum. I'm not leaving her unattended

During the day she loves playing in her cot, she can see out the window in it and cruises all around it but the mattress makes it a bit unsteady so she'll knock her head off the bars or she has a big activity box to stand and play with and I'll be sitting right there but she'll just quickly lose balance and knock herself, I tell myself there's nothing I could have done and she's always okay after a few minutes cuddle and there's no way to stop it as she's learning but is this true or am I rubbish?

It's totally normal hun. My 7 month old is crawling and is constantly whalloping himself off everything. Some babies are clumsy much like adults are clumsy, it's no reflection on your parenting at all. I've no doubt you're a fantastic mum :)

It's normal for them to bump themselves on things. All you can do is try to make everything as safe as possible. Maybe a playpen rather than playing in the crib. Be within catching reach when playing with activity cubes/tables that they'll climb/lean on. Sometimes shoes with a decent sole help walking children be more steady on their feet.

But some kids are more unsteady than others. It's just one of those things.

Totally normal. My son did it ALL the time. He started nursery at 12 months old and I was forever getting phone calls to say he'd bumped his head. He still has a dent in his head from where he ran into a radiator last June!!! I'm sure you're doing a great job. Some babies/toddlers are very accident prone. My daughter's the opposite, thank goodness, I'm not sure I could cope with two of them like it!

Definitely normal. Ive failed to catch my Lo even when I'm holding her hand! Please don't feel bad my Lo's a similar age and is often bumping her head and has bruised knees. I feel bad to but it is normal

Completely normal at 11 months my little one had what can only be described as and egg on his forehead after somehow catching the edge of the door in his walker. Three months later he fell over and hit his head on a concrete floor- the egg appeared again ! . I panicked when it happened at first but it just becomes a way of life. I can seriously recommend arnica cooling gel for bumps though it reduces the bruising extremely quickly

Completely normal! My lg has just turned 2 and the last year when they start walking and moving they will do it alot more as they climb and into everything and have no sense of danger. My LG has fell off sofa, down some stairs and off the changing unit. I am a very careful Mother too trying to protect her always best I can but you cant have your eyes on them every second and they are so fast, that my LG only needs that second, so please dont feel guilty, accidents, bumps and falls will happen, just try to protect them the best you can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back