Naughty mum!!

nefisher

Reaction score
I have to confess that I am a naughty mum and have no willpower.

Poppy is still in the same room and she is now over 6 months - I know she should be going in her own room but I'm going to miss her.

I still bring her into our bed when she wakes up and co-sleep with her - I should be strong as she'll probably still want to co-sleep as she gets older (I'll draw the line at 18 tho!!).

I rock her to sleep at night - I know I should be trying to teach her to fall asleep by herself with control crying but I'm weak.

The writers of my baby books would not be happy with me!!!

Lydia stayed in our room until she was 22 months :lol:

You're bonkers! Our little lad was in our room until 6 months then he is in his own room. He is 23 months and he is in a big bed, he loves it! We were worried because we are in the attic room, so different floor, but he sleeps perfect! Only comes in our bed if we are on holiday or he is very unwell (So about once in the past year!) When we go away he now needs his own room!

The longer you leave it they will get clingy. I find I have to be firm, otherwise he would take me for a ride! Clever little things, they soon sus us out!

I cried the night i moved D into his own room but i knew he needed it..it took a month to be the right time from 6 months so was 7 months...

I personally don't like controlled crying at that young age ...

i do suggest you move towards making LO more independant now D is 8 months and i would kill for a good nights sleep.

do it slowly...let her fall asleep in your arms but not rocking i prefer the softly softly approach so long as you are moving in the right direction don't worry about the dates in a book

nefisher said:
I have to confess that I am a naughty mum and have no willpower.

Poppy is still in the same room and she is now over 6 months - I know she should be going in her own room but I'm going to miss her.

I still bring her into our bed when she wakes up and co-sleep with her - I should be strong as she'll probably still want to co-sleep as she gets older (I'll draw the line at 18 tho!!).

I rock her to sleep at night - I know I should be trying to teach her to fall asleep by herself with control crying but I'm weak.

The writers of my baby books would not be happy with me!!!

I don't think you're naughty, I think it's lovely. Babies grow up so fast it's nice that you're enjoying her :)

We put Jake in his own room at 4 months. We were waking him up at night when we went to bed (not in that way :talkhand: ) and it wasnt fair on him. I was really sad and excited at the same time. I believe he was ready for it and have had no problems with it at all

You are NOT naughty, and it suits you so dont feel guilty!!!

Ruby went into her own room & cot at week one so we are lucky in the fact we dont have to decide whens the best time to make the break, but I do bring her into our bed now at the weekend at 7am after her bottle and she snuggles down to sleep..I LOVE it!!! Its the loveliest feeling ever to have her sleeping in my arms :lol:

My sis has a baby 10 weeks older than Rubes and she has co slept since day one really...she beats herself up over it but I keep telling her she shouldnt!!! It works for them, and they are all happy so why worry about it and what others think???

Do what makes you and your baby happy :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back