Feel like a bad mum!

Coolbeans2010

Reaction score
Hi girls I need a bit of help. Isla is 8 days old today and we are bottle feeding - shes been great but the last couple nights we feed her but she is still crying after finishing her bottle. We've winded her, changed her and given her cuddles. She's getting herself in a right state chewing on her hands and making all the signs that she is still hungry - if you try and give her more she takes a mouthful and then spits it out. She's not pulling her legs up or looking like she has wind. She must be totally over tired. I don't know what else to do to help her.

Any suggestions? We thought she might be too hot so stripped her down but this has made no difference.

Have you tried swaddling her honey or playing white noise to her?! I find if we keep theo awake too much in the day and stimulate him too much that he gets over tired and cries lots, but the more we put him down the calmer he is. In early days we had routine of wake, change his nappy, swaddle, feed then put him in Moses basket and he would fall asleep straight away again. They need lots of sleep this early on! Xxx

Yep tried that. She just sicked up everywhere I stripped her down to nappy and she's now cuddled into me fast asleep. I think she may have been overheated. Can I give cool boiled water at this age - dont want her dehydrated. Xx

Maybe she wants something to gnaw on, such as a thumb or dummy? Not sure if you already use those methods or whether you want to x

Yeah we also tried a dummy! She was like it a bit last night but tonight was worse. She's fast asleep now so perhaps too hot. I felt so helpless :-(

Hmm, check her temp n see if its too high, then keep some water nearby in case wakes up. C likes dummies but the only 1 that will stay in his mouth are the cherry ones x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back