Is this my mucus plug? (TMI picture warning!!)

kittykitchn

Reaction score
Had a couple of days of EWCM which turned into thick snotty stuff yesterday, which has increased today and has now turned into a yellow/peachy colour. There is not a lot of it, but tiny blobs everytime I wipe. The picture below has been the most I've had so far.

I have a lot of pressure/tightness deep in my pelvis and bottom today, almost contraction like (but not painful, uncomfortable) lasting 20 seconds a pop (I assume BH).

Is this my mucus plug, or the start of it? I know it can regenerate, and also be lost slowly weeks before, but is this the start of Something? lol

TMI picture warning below - bit of a crap picture too, most of the tissue was in shadow

BFAQXxS.jpg

I would think so hun, mine was like that xx

Yup! Looks the start of it!
Mine was never sodding ending!

Had this stuff for a few weeks and then the 'bloody' show 5 days before he arrived. Ull find more and more willcome away now the more she engages.

Ive been losing this for a while this time around, but they say after a baby ur cervix doesnt fully close so im guessing thats why some of mine keeps coming away lol!

Gross isn't it! X

Nooooo, not a few weeks... is there any chance of things happening sooner rather than later do you think?
She's still so high up under my ribs so probably very unlikely!

The entire plug is a huge snotty lump that is impossible to mistake for anything else. It does look like that could be a little bit of plug though. I had something like that only a few hrs before I went into labout so it was a sign for me but you can loose plug days or weeks before so it may mean nothing. It can be caused by an internal exam or checking your cervix too..

Doubt it hun! But theres never really any way of telling! Some women do actually go into labour a few days after, some dont. If ur body isnt ready it also grows back too! Ense mine being never ending!

Cook her for as long as poss id say! As uncomfortable as it is u want her as chunky as poss :)

Im due friday and id love for him to arrive this very second! I have a feeling ill
Still be preg this time next week u watch! X

I also used to lose a fair bit when i went for a poo haha!
All that straining dislodges it :shock: :lol: yum!

This definitely looks like the start, I remember in my last pregnancy my plug was bloody and about the size of a pound coin in a bit snotty lump.
Hopefully labour won't be too far away x

No big globs, but now blood streaked. Must be a good sign?!

(though a friend just told me to ring maternity because it shouldn't be bloody..?)

Last edited:
The plug is definitely bloody but if concerned ring the mw, have u dtd lately? Sometimes that can irritate the cervix and cause slight bleeding as well xx

I never saw my plug!

I know it can be blood streaked but as you're only 36 weeks, you should def give your mw a call for advice.

XX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back