Tummy Pains

pilkers

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I just wanted some advice...

I'm 16 weeks pregnant and today I'm a bit concerned beacuse I have a sore tummy/groin area. It's just really tender...it's not like a sharp pain or a constant dull ache...it feels more like bruising and hurts when I move (walking upstairs etc.) I feel bloated and over the last few days my bump has kind of exploded :eek: !!!

Are the pains I'm feeling round ligament pains? I'm hoping it's just stretching pain...can anybody help? Are these pains normal? I do have a slight backache too.

Sorry if I'm being neurotic but this is my first pregnancy and I'm worrying about everything

Thanks
Leanne

I think general aches a pains are normal, if they are sharp or severe you might need to get them checked.

Yep it sounds like round ligament pain to me. Ive been diagnosed with this already and the mw told me it can strike on and off at any time during pregnancy. I have a set of exercises to do every day.

As long as you dont feel persistently strong contractions and there is no blood you should be fine. You can take panadol and lie with apillow between your knees for comfort. If it really persists then just mention it to mw for peace of mind :) Hope you feel better soon. :hug:

Pregnopaws said:
Yep it sounds like round ligament pain to me. Ive been diagnosed with this already and the mw told me it can strike on and off at any time during pregnancy. I have a set of exercises to do every day.

Yeah it sounds like round ligament pain to me too, I had this at the beginning of tri 2 and still occassionally now xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back