Is this a normal feeling?

Ms Perkins

Reaction score
Hi Girls,

just crawling my way to week 12 now following MC last July and Chemical Preg back in October last year. Already have a lovely little boy who is two next week.

When I was PG which Connor I was reading everything, checking on the internet as to what stage the baby was at, planning the nursery - all within about the first 2 months!.

With this one the time seems to be dragging between scans, I can't seem to be very excited and I really want to be!

Is this normal following a loss do you think - sort of put your "happy feelings" on hold? Also have been feeling really rubbish with this one, whereby I flew through my pg with Connor.

I suppose when I can feel movement and stuff like that it'll seem more real??

This baby is very much wanted - but is all this normal???

:hug:

i think the first pregnancy is always the most exciting isnt it because its so new, i'm not checking the internet to see the stage my new baby is at but thats mostly because i already know! from looking on the internet when i was preg with millie i can remember each week almost perfectly! also when we're mums already coz we've got children to look after we cant obsess over the pregnancy as much as the first. so yes its normal sweetie :hug: x x x x

Ms Perkins said:
Hi Girls,

just crawling my way to week 12 now following MC last July and Chemical Preg back in October last year. Already have a lovely little boy who is two next week.

When I was PG which Connor I was reading everything, checking on the internet as to what stage the baby was at, planning the nursery - all within about the first 2 months!.

With this one the time seems to be dragging between scans, I can't seem to be very excited and I really want to be!

Is this normal following a loss do you think - sort of put your "happy feelings" on hold? Also have been feeling really rubbish with this one, whereby I flew through my pg with Connor.

I suppose when I can feel movement and stuff like that it'll seem more real??

This baby is very much wanted - but is all this normal???

Hi hon

I think after your losses it is just self preservation. I felt like this from week 8 to week 13 I just felt detached from the baby to help myself deal with whatever the outcome was. Once you hit 12 weeks your feelings will probably start to change :hug: :hug: :hug:

I am much the same ... I mc last July and with that pregnancy I was following the progress pretty much every day but with this one I'm not. I couldn't tell you why though. It probably hasn't helped that I have been really ill with this one.

I had my 13 weeks scan yesterday and have felt much better about this pregnancy since then. I hope you feel happier about your pregnancy soon.

:hug:

i definately relate to what ur saying. with my 1st pregnany i could have litterally stopped a stranger in the street and told them our news, this time im very quietly happy, although still not as much as i want to be . i obviously am just wish i could get a bit more excited. hopfully this feeling will change soon :hug:

i think this is normal. I had mc at 13 weeks between my 1st and 2nd child and just felt like it wa going to happen again with every twinge. Had spotting at 9 weeks this time and went into meltdown, convinced it was all over! Took until 20 week scan this time to relax a bit so now am determined to enjoy what wil prob be my last preg!

Not helped by unsympathetic DH and overload of hormones!

Good luck and hang in there

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back