Sick again...what are the chances of...

mouse9210

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Another moany post, sorry - but after being signed off sick last week for cystitus and thrush (first time I've ever been signed off work) - I have been struggling all week with cold/flu type of thing....

Woke up this morning and called in sick to work, and have a doctors appointment later this morning at 11:40.

If I tell the doctor all my symptoms (sore throat, sniffle, migraine, cough, dizzy spells, aching body) - what do you think the chances are that she'll sign me off?

I just don't think I can face work the way I feel right now, but I don't know if the doctor would sign me off for this?

And I'm sure everyone at work is birtching about me using the pregnancy to get time off - but honestly, I would much rather be better and at work, because when I feel like this it's hard to enjoy being pregnant!!

Any advice would be soooo appreciated - thank you!!

xxxxx

Dr's are normally pretty good at signing u off work, if u explain ur symptoms and tell him u can't face work, he should sign u off. Just say u feel rotten and not well enough to go back.

Hope u feel better soon x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

My gp had no problem signing me off just tell them u cant face work x

Thanks jayjay....I really hope so!

Am sick of being sick - want to get better, tri 2 is when you're supposed to get your energy back isn't it?! lol, not seen much of that with being ill..grrrr.

Really really hope the doctor is nice and signs me off so I can rest.

Yea def sounds like you'll be signed off! It's hard enough working when pregnant sometimes without being sick too! I hope u feel better soon xxxx

Thanks mrz85...I really hope she signs me off because work just can't argue with that can they??!

Yea def sounds like you'll be signed off! It's hard enough working when pregnant sometimes without being sick too! I hope u feel better soon xxxx

Thanks - I am really nervous asking to be signed off in case they say no! But there was just no way I could cope at work - I work in a school and cover lessons when teachers are absent, so have to be up on my feet all day, shouting etc, it would just be too much for me.

Being pregnant is so wonderful but when you chuck in being ill, everything feels about ten times harder to cope with....lol, maybe that's just me though?!

Thanks - I am really nervous asking to be signed off in case they say no! But there was just no way I could cope at work - I work in a school and cover lessons when teachers are absent, so have to be up on my feet all day, shouting etc, it would just be too much for me.

Being pregnant is so wonderful but when you chuck in being ill, everything feels about ten times harder to cope with....lol, maybe that's just me though?!

Explain that to the doctor, the stress of having to do that just isn't worth it when you compare it to both yours and your baby's health xxxx

Good luck , it really sounds like you need abit longer to rest up to me hope dr agrees . All the best xx

Last edited:
Thanks katey, thats exactly how I feel.

I just hate asking for it, makes me nervous in case they think I am a complete wally and then say no.

Thanks for all the support and advice girls.

I've just got back from the dr who says I have flu, temperature and a throat infection.

She signed me off work for a week! I am amazed - thought I'd just get until the weekend at most, but she was super lovely and told me to rest and do nothing.

Husband is being extra lovely too - feel so relieved that I don't have to go to work and can concentrate on resting!

P.S. is it wrong to feel slightly excited to have a whole week off (even though I am sick)?!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back