Is there anyone else here who doesn't drive?

moss

Reaction score
I drive in America but I'm not bringing myself to the hospital when I am in labour! My husband doesn't drive and we don't have family in our city.

HOW DO I GET TO THE HOSPITAL?!?!? Ha.... I'm actually getting seriously worried about this. Is it normal to call an ambulance? I can't afford to take a taxi back and forth in case I keep getting sent home and besides, I don't know how safe I would feel with a taxi driver freaking out that there might be a baby born in his car!

I don't drive myself and was told by my midwife that if I go into labour with no way of getting to hospital then to ring for ambulance, so it must be ok!!! :D

Hmm we were told by our hospital NOT to rely on an ambulance unless it's an emergency. Maybe your hospital have a patient transport service?

Hmm I have no idea what services the hospital offers. I don't even know if they have a pool! I have been trying to find some information online and I thought a big place like Ninewells would have it, but apparently not. :/

We're in the same situ. A friend of mine called for an ambulance when she went into labour recently so I think that's what we'll do. I read a book recently based on the blog of an ambulance driver and believe me, people call them out for much, much less, so don't feel bad! xx

:think: I don't think the ambulance service would prioritise you...

Taxi?

It's a nightmare to get a taxi here. Even on a clear day if I call for one I am told I will have to wait for an hour!

I do drive but i sure wont be getting in the car and driving myself to hospital when im in labour anyway!!!

Everyone else i know who has had babies have all had a lift of someone they knew.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back