Is there always a 14 day gap between ov and period?

CazH

Reaction score
Just a quick question I am due on in 7 days but have been getting pains around my ovaries like ovulation pains. Is this norm or will it mean my period will not show for another 14 days???

Last time I started getting AF type cramps a week before AF due but if you think they're more like ov pains, are you sure you ov'd when you think you did, are you charting etc? I think the luteal phase (time between ov and AF) varies in different people but on average is around 12-14 days.

It does not have to be 14 days at all. From charting I have discovered that my luteal phase (the time between ovulation and AF arriving) is 12 days. Some peoples are longer, some are less. Any length from 10 to 16 days is considered normal, less than 10 days and the body may not have time to prepare to carry a baby so pregnancy may not happen.

Are you sure you definitely ovulated 7 days ago? If you did then the pain could possibly be implantation (hopefully) but not definitely of course. Otherwise if this is ovulation then yes you may have to wait any time between 10-16 days for AF to show.

This is where temping comes in really handy. Before I was temping I was BDing at all the wrong times cos I have a 29 day cycle usually, were getting all our BDing done between days 13 and 15 presuming that was half way through my cycle and when I should be OV, I dont actually ovulate until day 17 usually so I was always missing the egg. I have then have a 12 day wait rather than a 2WW.

mine is 15 day's so it don't have to be 14 day's

Cheers girls, waiting for AF to show then will begin charting for 1st month. Hoping though it doesnt show want a BFP on mothers day!

everyone is different hun
i think the average cycle is 28 days and ovulation on day 14 so af usually arrives day 29
but like i said everyone is different my cycle is 26 days long and i ovulate on day 9/10
the only way to see for sure what your body is doing is to start charting your temps this way you will know when you ovulate
xxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back